1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Banned
189 Posts
wow this is a great find but i am like you is it to good to be true i would buy this right now. i just dont no

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
This looks like an interesting unit, and I'm pretty sure it's OEM. Trouble is, it's built for Asian markets, so the digital TV capability is useless here.

For me, the deal-killer is the lack of native Sirius support.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just wonder if the factory harness will plug right in or will I need an install kit like I would with an after market head unit.

·
Registered
695 Posts
this still would require a replacement fascia plate correct? If i am not mistaken the only one out there for manual climate controls is from china for 100 dollars after shipping is all said and done.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
this still would require a replacement fascia plate correct? If i am not mistaken the only one out there for manual climate controls is from china for 100 dollars after shipping is all said and done.
you are right...you will need a new fascia...but cheap for that piece

OEM 08 10 Kia Forte Desh Board Center Fascia Panel 1P: eBay Motors (item 180574754842 end time Nov-14-10 01:23:57 PST)

OEM 08 10 Kia Forte Dash Board Center Fascia Plate 1pc: eBay Motors (item 170555365512 end time Nov-19-10 21:02:09 PST)

·
Registered
231 Posts
IMO this unit looks pretty chince, like its not even made in china quality, its made in viet nam quality. I bet those control knobs are the bottom feel so shitty when you turn them.

·
Banned
189 Posts
I found some different ones last nite. I will post the link later when I get home. They to are from china and they are on a different site to.

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
Remember the name "Cerato" applies to not only the Forte but also non-US version of the Spectra. So don't assume that all Cerato parts will fit into a Forte.

But if you get it and it works please let us know.

EDIT: I just realized that I own two Ceratos; a Forte and a Spectra. I feel redundant.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Remember the name "Cerato" applies to not only the Forte but also non-US version of the Spectra. So don't assume that all Cerato parts will fit into a Forte.

But if you get it and it works please let us know.

EDIT: I just realized that I own two Ceratos; a Forte and a Spectra. I feel redundant.
yeah.. some ebayer was selling cerato/forte 08+ convex heated mirrors.. i picked em up and they didnt fit ..

his excuse was "i didnt know they made a new model"
my reply "YOUR ad said forte!! how could you not know!?!?!" (cause the spectra/cerato older body was disgusting! and thats the one the mirrors were for)
I did get a full refund though (and they were kind enough to ask me if it was possible for me to ship them a mirror baseplate and they would send me a set for free)<- havent gotten around to it

back to the topic.. Ive played with these systems before they had their so called "HD" screens and god were they awe-full and not sharp and way to bright on the whites.. ill have to see one before I pick one up.. (and ofcourse their menus are chaos to navigate!-only good thing I was told by a mazda owner was that they have firmware/software updates!)

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I wanna see and play with one first. Or get a review....anyone wanna be a guinea pig?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts