Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have the opinion that this clutch in the SX is lacking? When launching, the car often lurches and then finally transfers power to the flywheel. It just seems like the transmission is so damn finicky, it has to be babied. thoughts about a clutch upgrade?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes ivd heard of that part in the bell housing. I wonder how much of a difference removing it will make.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
It's to save the drivetrain for newbs at operating manual transmissions. Should be an option to turn off for those that are experienced at driving standard but it isn't.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree 100 percent. I wonder how much it would cost to get that thing out. I'm considering waiting till I have to replace the clutch and having it taken out when I upgrade it then. The question is whther I want to wait that long and put up with these rocky shifts into 2nd gear that can only be avoided my burning the clutch alittle anyway. How pointless...

·
Registered
973 Posts
power goes from the flywheel to the tranny via the clutch, then to the drive wheels
but yeah the clutch is kind of weird in the 2.0 too, but I'm kind of used to it now lol
I want a ceramic or semi-metallic one though!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
power goes from the flywheel to the tranny via the clutch, then to the drive wheels
but yeah the clutch is kind of weird in the 2.0 too, but I'm kind of used to it now lol
I want a ceramic or semi-metallic one though!
Well duhhhh but yeah a ceramic clutch will last longer wont it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts