Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

My 5 speed manual Koup has a flat spot after changing from second into third, excelleration is good in first and second but when i change into third it kind of stops accelerating for a second before picking up again and this is throughout the rev band . Any one else experienced this?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Yea I have felt this before but it doesn't happen that often. The CAI helps get rid of it though

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Hi Guys,

My 5 speed manual Koup has a flat spot after changing from second into third, excelleration is good in first and second but when i change into third it kind of stops accelerating for a second before picking up again and this is throughout the rev band . Any one else experienced this?
The problem is most likely the TSB on "intake popping sound". Do you hear any kind of muffled popping sound during that lag time? Try driving around with windows down and listen for it. I had that issue earlier this year and brought it in for a reprogram and now I rarely have it happen. Still is there once in a blue moon but don't care much anymore. The Cold Air Intake (CAI) mod would make it very noticeable on the sound.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.