Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok all you gear heads and guys who actually work at KIA. I did my initial investigation on the Koup last night before I tackle the Nitrous install this weekend. I found that it is a drive by wire throtle with 4(maybe 5) wires coming out of the throtle body. I will actually be able to see it better this weekend when I remove the intake. Anyone have a clue which one of those wires is the output voltage lead for the position sensor? If not what is a good way to test it? Can I strip the wire or wires back and put a multi meter on it and cycle the throtle to find it?

Thanks!​

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
hope this will help... (Bottom, left)

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Ok all you gear heads and guys who actually work at KIA. I did my initial investigation on the Koup last night before I tackle the Nitrous install this weekend. I found that it is a drive by wire throtle with 4(maybe 5) wires coming out of the throtle body. I will actually be able to see it better this weekend when I remove the intake. Anyone have a clue which one of those wires is the output voltage lead for the position sensor? If not what is a good way to test it? Can I strip the wire or wires back and put a multi meter on it and cycle the throtle to find it?

Thanks!
:D Nos allready?Good luck

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bump... yea sorry this thread kinda got dropped after the project got put on hold... anyway yes I took care of everything.. went with ZEX recomended plugs since it was a ZEX Nos kit.

project stands at this state. Bottle and line installed. Control module installed all wires and hoses will be done today. Just waiting on parts for intake swap. Going with Soar's Custom intake design!

Should be fun. All parts will be here tuesday

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
to be honest once i put an aftermarket intake on the car I think it gets more than enough air. With no ECU management utilities out there yet (that I know of) I think that would be waisted or ahead of the game at this point

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bump... yea sorry this thread kinda got dropped after the project got put on hold... anyway yes I took care of everything.. went with ZEX recomended plugs since it was a ZEX Nos kit.

project stands at this state. Bottle and line installed. Control module installed all wires and hoses will be done today. Just waiting on parts for intake swap. Going with Soar's Custom intake design!

Should be fun. All parts will be here tuesday

since this thread got bumped by someone I thought I should add if anyone is thinking of doing this DO NOT GET THE ZEX PLUGS. they will not work well in the car. Stay with the stock plugs they are Nitros rated. If you have the stock Denso plugs you will be fine.

·
Registered
35 Posts
If the car doesn't have a MAF sensor then you shouldn't have to retune, the MAP sensor should be able todo the air calculations fine, if the car has a MAF then a retune would be needed for a BB TB or even a larger intake as the pipe dimensions change and the volume of air passing through would throw the MAF off causing a lean code to fire from the ECU.

Jer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts