Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed or looked into installing a throttle controller for the 2019-2020 Kia Forte/Cerato GT? I was hoping it would be the same connector as the previous generation but it doesn't appear to be the case. But also, am I looking at the right connector? The connector seems to be smaller than the previous gen.

I'm unplugging the connector right above the accelerator peddle. Is this the right one or is there another part below that which I should be removing?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All good. Someone finally came out with a throttle controller that works with the 4th generation BD series.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a question regarding the throttle controllers. Since the GT has a sport mode, would it be best to run the throttle control device with the car in normal mode since the device has the ability to change the parameters to sport? Or would running the car in sport mode, plus the throttle device also in sport be better for performance?

·
Registered
52 Posts
It will be identical. A "sport mode" does 3 things in an auto and 2 in a manual. The Eco modes slow throttle response, regular slows it not as much, sport doesn't slow it at all. And the throttle position changes from mode to mode. All an aftermarket controller does is essentially keep it in sport mode.

We can go deeper in throttle response and overall performance for peak acceleration...

·
Registered
2 Posts
All good. Someone finally came out with a throttle controller that works with the 4th generation BD series.
Did you end up buying a controller? I have manual 2019 Forte and that lag kills me when trying to heel toe for smooth downshifts! Which one do you recommend, and if you did get one do you think it's worth it?

Also, this is killing me!
Indy said:
I use the pedal on the right to control throttle. What are you trying to do?
So what, is it your job on this forum to troll the modifications section with low knowledge level ignorance?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Did you end up buying a controller? I have manual 2019 Forte and that lag kills me when trying to heel toe for smooth downshifts! Which one do you recommend, and if you did get one do you think it's worth it?
Yes, definitely worth it! It removes any blackspots in acceleration. And you can adjust it on the fly for whatever suits your mood. Feel lazy? Set it to low or economy mode and you can drive lazily about. Feel spirited? Adjust it to medium or high and a light tap will send you flying.

I purchased a brand called SAAS, which was one of the first to verify an application for the new generation Forte/Cerato. I'm sure there are other brand names such as iDrive and Peddle Commander, but they're much more expensive and come with features you may or may not use (ie - dimming lights). But I'm quite happy with the SAAS. lt does it's job without the high price tag.

Arg. I just realized that SAAS and iDrive are mainly Australian sellers off eBay and SAAS sellers are charging ridiculous prices to ship to the US (iDrive isn't too bad). I think the only brands available off eBay America is Pedal Commander and Eittar from a Chinese seller.

For reference:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts