Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wanted to get other's opinions on tinted headlights. I never thought dark tinted headlights looked very good on most cars, and so I wanted a light tint on mine. Where I went though, the guy only had dark tint/vinyl. It doesn't look too bad I guess, but I'm still debating on keeping it or not. What do you all think?

View attachment 3926

View attachment 3927

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Well I am betting many people will jump on your case about legality in your area...so with that being said..On a red car I think lighter would look better...More of a grey look than black.

Are you going to tint sidemarkers and taillights? I am debating on tinting mine as well, since I had my HIDs installed.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback. Nacho, do you mean black out the mirrors or the side markers? Fox, haven't had any issues with cops yet and I've passed by a few of them. Definitely wanted them lighter as well. Waiting on some LED switchback sidemarkers and hadn't really thought about tinting them. Also want the 2011 LED tail lights and those are too beautiful to cover up. :)

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
I dig it, but how are your headlights at night?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. Not that great, but I just got HIDs installed today so it should get better.

·
Registered
274 Posts
provided the functionality is still there I think it looks really cool...matches with the grille & blacked out Kia emblem.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks. Maybe after I finally get my fog lights and gloss black grilles it will also help with the look (or just make up my mind on keeping the tint or not). :) So far I'm keeping it. For a while at least.

·
Registered
567 Posts
If your lights still do their job I think it looks really good. I hate when people jump down other peoples throats for a specific mod with questionable legality, but in this case I'd agree that it's really important they give you enough light.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts