Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have this idea to "tint" my KIA emblems in the back and front. I was going to buy new badges but nothing really catches my eye.

I have a black sx, took the inserts out of my wheels, 18% tint on my windows, and have these smoked covers for my license plates (going to tint my rear lights soon); if I could tint or darken the KIA emblems it would look sweet.

I just don't know what would work the best to darken it, without having to take them off and paint them. I was thinking of getting some cheap tint from Walmart and test it out but thought it would be to hard to fit nicely over the symbol.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Initially I was thinking on the same lines as you...but instead of tint on the KIA, I was thinking of maybe painting the silver of the KIA emblem. I tried to picture what it would look by messing around with photo shop...ultimately I did not like what it may have turned out.
However tint on the emblem is new and a fresh idea. Not forgetting unique.

I however found an emblem that I liked so I went with it.

http://www.forteforums.com/forums/k...ce/910-debadged-w-tomato-p-racing-emblem.html

I am interested to see your final product :)

Good luck!

·
Registered
587 Posts

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
I had a couple people ask me what emblem that was when I was showing them photos from the meetup. I really like them!

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
you graduated from utsa??? thats like 10 min from where i live. thats so crazy. anyways, i think it would be totally original to do that with the emblems and would love to see a final result if you were to do this. i have been wanting to paint my KOUP emblem like a machined grey but i havnt a clue how so just an idea at this point.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What's up

I tinted my Viper emblem on my old srt4. just buy nightshades,the taillight spray tint and use that. It looked really good on my srt4

I just bought a 2010 koup, gonna start modding it soon. I had about $7k into my srt4. It was pushing 440hp. But after having it for 3 yrs I got bored w it and just wanted a brand new car w a warenty. So I fell in love w the koup lol

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I'm going to nightshade my logos when I have a chance to try it on a sample emblem first.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
I've actually done this to my front Kia badge. It looks pretty good, though I think I'm going to go for a cleaner look, maybe put some new grills on front and rebadge the rear. Found some pretty cool lookin wolf emblemsl. Will post some pictures of the front shortly.

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
I'm considering putting the KIA badge back on the rear but spraying it color matched Corsa. The dealership doesn't seem to appreciate the new badge when I take it in. If only I could find the damn thing...

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
I'm considering putting the KIA badge back on the rear but spraying it color matched Corsa. The dealership doesn't seem to appreciate the new badge when I take it in. If only I could find the damn thing...

Why doesn't the dealer like it??? DO THEY THEM SELVES GET CONFUSED AND WONDER WHAT KIND OF CAR IT IS? lol...

·
Registered
24 Posts
The dealership doesn't seem to appreciate the new badge when I take it in...
I was concerned about this too, with my "K" emblems, but then I thought, what right do they have to express any opinion about it? Its a totally exterior, non-intrusive modification, and doesn't say anything about my like or dislike of Kia. I love Kia! I just think their emblem could be way more imaginative..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts