Kia Forte Forum banner

Which should i get?

• Tint (will make it look BA, but it's illegal)

Votes: 18 48.6%
  • Projectors (will be BA, and i'll make a DIY)

Votes: 18 48.6%
  • other ... List below

Votes: 1 2.7%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think, i got enough money for either, but not both.

if you don't like either, then tell me what else. (an no CAI please)

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Projectors. :) How does the price range even compare? Would love to see them done and how they're done or get them done. Enjoy whichever you decide. :)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Def the tint. It's easy and gives a better look to the car.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Get a vinyl sticker for the whole roof to make it look either two tone or CF. That would be legal and rad.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
DePR84 said it. How does that even compare? Tints are like 150$ max, projectors in a DIY project could be like 500$ and a shit load of work to make it look decent. I think tints are a very easy way to make the car look nicer and their illegal here too but cops don't bother me and I have dark tints. Easier, hassle-free, a lot cheaper=tints. Other then that I'd say maybe a spoiler?

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No spoiler for me.
if tint, then i'll be gettin 20%, it will run me about 110$ (with a lifetime warranty)

if projectors, me and my buddy did it before, it will run me around 180-200. (i already have the HIDs, projectors are 120, shroud is another 40, and some painting and tools will take up the rest

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Yea I have 20% and it was the same exact thing, $110 guaranteed for life. It's crazy how making your windows dark makes such a difference in the overall look of the car. The projector thing sounds interesting. Maybe do that to be a little different and it's a DIY, not someone else doing it so that's always fun.

·
Registered
102 Posts
My buddy just got two layers of 5% on the back windows and a the legal up front 8( but looks nice

·
Registered
444 Posts
On my jeep I went limo for the back and 30 up front which looked pretty good but it also had a factory reflective coating on the back windows so it was impossible to see in from the outside. On my koup I got 30 all around and I think it looms better because it's even. But that's just my opinion.

The tint makes a huge difference in look of the car and when you are driving on those really bright days it makes it easier to see out. I personally think tint would be a no-brainer.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Ooh Do the Projectors..
A much more useful use of money if you ask me ;)

·
Registered
274 Posts
I thought seeing out with 5% was flippin horrible. I always worried I was gonna run someone over backing outta a parking space at night.

I vote projectors 'cause wouldn't you be the first?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts