Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey was wondering how difficult it would be to tint the windows of my forte koup? Never done it and dont know anyone that has so I dont want to mess it up...i know ebay has the precut stuff is that better than the roll?? If anyone has any suggestions let me know!! Also are there any turbo/supercharger upgrades for the koup that WONT void the warrenty?:)

2,213 Posts
i wuld get it done by a pro, charge ya 150-200. the back window is a pain in the butt. and as far as the turbo or super charger, i dont think they make either for this car yet, still waiting. but it would probably void the warranty as seeing as they are after market engine upgrades, unless kia comes out with one.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,911 Posts
I too believe in having tinting done by a professional. I used to install my own tinting -- but often the tint you can buy is not really good stuff. The tint you can buy at Autozone, for example, looks good when you install it but it turns purple with age! $100-$150 for lifetime warranted tint is a good deal. Look for a window tint company that has been in business for a long time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea i think i will get 20% for the sides and back but skip on the front window...so ive seen a turbo kit on ebay but im sure that will void the warrenty...also when i was at the dealer where I bought the car they were talking about Kia working on a turbo upgrade that wont void the warrenty but who knows when that will be out...hope soon lol :)...is your koup the SX and manual??

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol nvm just saw that it is...so is mine...it took me a little while to get use to the clutch...i had a 2001 mitsubishi eclipse before this car which was also a manual and this car is sooooooo much better!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
did you pait your calipers yourself?? if so what did you use??

2,213 Posts
yea, i got the dupli color kit off ebay, didnt even have to take the calipers off. just use a little paint brush, 2-3 coats shoudl be good. and the clutch takes some getting used to, you have a dead spot on your gas peddle? about the first 1/2 to 3/4 when you press down? thats usually the reason everyone stalls on this car. if you look around the forum, theres an article called "best clutch mod ever" or something like that. it gets rid of that deadspot, no more stalling lol and you can pretty much do it yourself. enjoy the car, i love it, ive had it for about a month, and only put 700 miles on it, and ive already done alot of mods, and alot more to come!

·
Registered
377 Posts
I went to Ziebarts. They have a lifetime warranty on all the tint they install. Any bubbles or specs or discoloration ever is fully replaced.

·
Registered
475 Posts
if you have 150-200 to spare i suggest to get it done a pro so that it looks great....and make sure its lifetime warranty...

·
Registered
28 Posts
i have tinted a few cars now using the pre cut stuff from ebay..they work great and easy to put on besides the back window...so if all else fails you could tint the windows yourself and maybe get it done cheaper by a pro somewhere else just for the back window..that might save you a few bucks im sure!

·
Registered
567 Posts
I have all around 20% and 5% on my moonroof. It was $120 with a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How much was it at Ziebarts?? The closes one to me is in Mass, i live in CT...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.