Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so this is probably the first car related post I've made in awhile cause spring is in a few months so I want to start modding again....

I plan on getting new rims, 18x8 and the car is getting lowered in march (too cold now) what I want to do is have the rears staggered a little so it gets that more aggressive look. Not too much, maybe just so it's even with the rear tire well. So anyone know of tire sizes I should do for the front, and what I should do the rears? I don't want the rears so wide that the car looks retarded, just enough so it looks good. Yes I know the car is front wheel drive and blah blah blah. It's just my preference! So if anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it! Plus I also plan on getting some toyo tires, so if ya know a website that sells em cheap, hook me up!! Thanks guys and gals!

·
Registered
44 Posts
What kin of tires are you looking for? winter tires, all season, summer etc?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Staggered tires are going to run more expensive than non. For tires i would go with any Michelin, Bf Goodrich, or Bridgestone.

·
Registered
695 Posts
if you go staggered then you would have to use a 18x8 in the back or maybe an 18x8.5 depending on the offset. Then use a 18x7 in the front. Unless you were thinking of a diffrent wheel size.

·
Registered
695 Posts
were you looking for diffrent wheel size, 17" or 18" and then wanted to put wider tires on the back and a bit smaller in the front?

you can go with a 18x8 in the back and 18x7 and that will give you a clean look and no noticable performace lost.

2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I want 18x8 all around, same tire height, just a smidge wider in the back to make it flush with the tire well. Roadrace motorsports did it with there SEMA car, but they don't like to answer me back for days, so I was wondering if anyone else knew the tire sizes.

·
Registered
695 Posts
If i am not mistaken the fronts were 215 and the backs were 225 but i am not sure of the offset, I think +42. that would get your back wheels flush with your fender and the fronts will tuck in just a little.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts