Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I FINALLY decided on my rim....It will be the hyper black Ruff Racing r395. One last question is of tire size...I decided to go with 17's because I do allot of highway driving and I didn't want to see my gas mileage go down, even if it's 1 mile per gallon. So with that in mind I am trying to figure out what I should go with 215 or 225....the rim itself is 7.5" and I noticed with some 215 that it seems like the tire doesn't wrap around the wheel enough. I also wonder if a 225 is too wide though. Any thoughts???

I do plan on Eibach's maybe later in the summer after my wedding so for now I will deal with the fender gap....

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I would say 225's but I have those with my 18's. Idk what the difference would be on 17's.

2,213 Posts
215 is stock on the 17" sx. You could probably get away with 225. As far as lowering it, don't worry about. You'll have plenty of clearance. I got 225/40/18 on my car and it's lowered and still have plenty of room.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.