Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

I'm new to the Forte forums here and I'm hoping you can help me with a tire question I have prior to getting my new White Koup SX. Currently I have 19's mounted on tires that I know are to big of a profile for the Forte and am going to get new ones. I know the stock rims that come with the forte are 215/45/17, but in order for me to wrap my current rims I feel I have 2 options:

1)235/35/19 - Pros - Very common size/lots of options/good pricing/bigger profile then option #2
Cons - Spedo will be off by about 3.5% (60mph = 62mph)

2)245/30/19 - Pros - Spedo will be almost on par with stock
Cons - Uncommon Tire/$$$/limited options/lower profile = ride quality/ease at damaging rim

I guess my question is .... is the spedo difference enough for me to seek out the second option and have trouble with Qty/options and cost, or do I just acknowledge the spedo difference and have kind of the run of the mill at gettting the tire I want that's more readily available?

Oh as well if anyone knows is a 3.5% difference with the 235/35/19 difference enough to do any kind of brake damage under normal driving conditions?

Thanks for any help you can give!

Whtkoup

·
Registered
144 Posts
There was a post somewhere about some of us thinking our speedo was actually short due to factories being allowed +/- 5% in calibration, so with option 1, you could very well be on actual par, since it can't be deemed correct that 215/45/17's are actually neutral or zero par for calculating speedometer correction.

·
Registered
48 Posts
if you guys have any type of tuning software available for you car you can always change the tire size there so your speedo will be accurate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts