Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's the question. I'm 6' tall and find the headroom is just barely passable when I test drove one with a sunroof. Would you say I should just stick with the sedan?

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
well the seat is adjustable.. you can put it all the way down and have plenty of headroom. I know aidensgrand he's like 6' and he fits in the EX w/o a sunroof. Lmao.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
yeah. these are two levers on the side. on lowers and the other leans back. there is plenty of room lowered and leaned back. i'm 6' 3' and i fit pretty dang well.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
6' tall here and I fit no problem...and I don't even think my seat is lowered at all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
6'6" here. Just picked up my Koup tonight. EX with no sunroof, and I fit fine. I did however test drive an SX with the sunroof, and that was a bit tight.

The good news is, that the low headliner height with the sunroof, made the SX vs EX decision a no brainer for me, and I saved $2k.

Picked up my car @ 8:30 PM and promptly went out and put 75 miles on it. You will love it. The sedan is nice, but the Koup just looks awesome.

Layman

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I'm 6 1 no problem here either and I have a moon roof/sun roof

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
Pfft don't be a pussy. I'm 6'2" and I make the Forte my bitch. YES!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Well, I don't lean my seat all the way back to where I can see out the rear quarter window, but I do have it reclined more than I would in a taller car. I'm 5'11" and I have about 1" to spare above my head in the SX. The EX had PLENTY of headroom, I just didn't like the wheels or interior trim.

Over time, the seat foam has compressed and given me a little more headroom. When I first bought it, I could feel my hair rubbing on the headliner. Thankfully, that has stopped.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Totally depends on the persons torso measurement. You can be 6'3" and have stumpy legs and long torso and not fit very well in the Koup with Sunroof. I am 6" but have long legs and have no issues what so ever at any seat setting in both the SX and EX, could feel the hair brushing in the SX with seat raised though.

·
Registered
567 Posts
This discussion has been had a few times, and people always seem to be like LOL YOU MUST BE STUPID AND NOT KNOW HOW TO ADJUST A CAR SEAT.

Attention forum watchers: PEOPLE CAN BE TALL IN DIFFERENT WAYS. I'm 6'5 and fit fine in a koup EX but with the moonroof in the SX my head rubbed against the ceiling so I opted for the sedan SX. There have been people taller than me that fit in the koup fine and people who are shorter who don't fit in it. It depends on if your tall in your lower or upper body.

If your heart is set on the koup go for the EX without the sunroof and you should be fine with that extra inch of headroom. Otherwise opt for the SX sedan. You don't want to be taking long trips if your head is uncomfortably hitting the roof.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Exactly what I was thinking. I just got back from a Kia dealer and I just don't see how I'll fit comfortably in the Koup. I like it but I just can't get it. grrrr

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm 6'... No problem :D Especially if you drive with sunroof open ;) haha. But seriously you should have absolutely no problem. i mean if they didnt have the option to lower your seat anyway... pretty big design flaw lol

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I was almost thinking of taking a photo for you guys. But like others said, some have longer legs while others have longer upper bodies. So you really have to sit in it for awhile because, even if you do fit, you might not be as comfy once you're sitting in the car stuck in traffic for over an hour or on a long trip.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Or measure torsos...and level of slouch when sitting heh.

I can fit my whole fist between my head and the roof. Guess it would be a problem with a mohawk.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts