Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my Eibach Springs and got some cool 18's not yet installed, i wanted to know you guys opinion on springs really a must with 18's on the Koup or is it just ok with the stock height?

Im kinda concerned about warranty issues ive been told from the dealership technician, they tend to blame warranty claims at the slightest prove of owner modification and even more if its a suspension mod which is clearly noticeable...:confused:

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i got eibach 4617.140 which lowers 1.2F/1R, bought them at KFXperformance, they didnt have the ones for the SXr which i think are 1.3F

Im dying to install them, but considering my stock suspension its already kinda noisy and could get worst or break something being unable to claim warranty for it its scary, thats my biggest concern. In that case, can i go back to stock and take it to the dealership? will they notice?

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I drove a Koup Ex and its noticeably softer suspension compare to the Sx. Maybe youll agree or is it me, The Koup Sx Suspension is sometimes harsh and stiff; so if we already have a "stiffer" sport suspension that feels like having lowering springs but with an ugly wheel gap, why not lower it and still be stiff but sexy lol.
Lowering springs dont always means harsh, i recall i loved even more my Wrx after springs install, it was less noisy on bumps and road cracks..

Thanks for your opinions on ******'s ride Koup SXR... im going for the same setup..

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I didn't drive ******'s car, but he did take me for a ride. Go-kart was exactly the expression I used for the experience. I wanted the ride in his car to see what the ride was like because I want to lower my Koup for cosmetic reasons only and I find the ride of the SX already stiffer than I would prefer. I was happy to find that the ride was not significantly harder than my stock SX. I had him purposly aim for bumps/manholes to check it out. The only possibly negative point I experienced was at one place there was a dip in the road and I thought I felt the car bottom out against the bump stops where the stock car probably wouldn't have.
Im in the same boat, looking for aesthetics but i was worred about the lowered/stiffer ride to degrade my driving experience but now i feel relieved. Ill take the plunge and get those springs on the car.. Thanks Ileader for your opinion :rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.