Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was about to exit the freeway today and I was going a little over the speed limit (100mph :D) and sure enough I fly by a cop. I was the only car so I figured I was toast. Next thing you know the cop is right next to me honking and telling me to roll down my window. I did and he asks me what kind of car I had (it's debadged and has Koup emblems). I tell him it's a Kia and him and his partner were shocked at how nice it was....then he asked me how fast it goes, but that was just him having some fun because he knew I was speeding. Fortes are just too nice for cops to pull you over in ;)

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
LOL Thats funny, Ive not done a hundred by a cop and don't think I want to try this lol
still seems they do turn a blind eye because just yesterday I was speeding and had a cop drive right by not sure if he was off duty thou lol

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Ya I've been pulled over twice in my koup. Once for "not traveling 100ft before changing lanes" and again for going 60 on an exit ramp haha wtf!

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,857 Posts
Slow down and start enjoying the scenery!!!! LoL!

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,857 Posts
Maybe so...but driving like that will most likely put you in the slammer!!!

Take it easy...

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Yea I can't afford a ticket. .. on probation. Got to stay low for a year 3 speeding tickets LOL

·
Registered
427 Posts
I had a cop whine about my stock lights being too bright... where can i find more of the cool type of cops he has?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I work security and we do fire scenes and i pulled up to the police road block and got out of my forte to talk/replace the cop. He looked and was like "wow you guys(our new company) must be doing some friggen good to be driving around in a Lexus" i laughed and said was the new Kia Forte. I had to show him my kia badge still on my steering wheel for him to believe me. He then asked 80 billion questions about the Forte and the dealership itself and i had to give him a tour. My wife didnt break my Audi lights at this point, may they rest in peace.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
hahaha, so lucky! I was pulled over for doing 59mph in a 45, at 2:30 am on a back road. Fined $157 dollars and good ol' PA gave my 4 points. Wish I had your that luck :/

·
Registered
139 Posts
I got tired of some cars driving to slow (at least that was my opinion) the other day. Downshifted from 5th to 3rd and punched it. About the time I hit 80 in a 55 is when I saw the cop. He was laughing when he waived at me.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Well one day when I was eating out with my mom I had a cop turn into the parking lot and pull behind my car, he was talkin on his radio and was creaking his neck to look at my car... I was so scared he was gonna give me a ticket for my tinted taillights. Instead he looked into the resturant and gave me the thumbs up. :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
The fact that it's a 4 cylinder car with about 170 HP says otherwise.
Kind of like the Lotus Elise is not build for speed since it only has a 1.8L four cylinder that only makes 189 HP?

We are not that kind of fast, but our cars are not slow.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Been stopped twice so far one for 63 in a 45 and the other for 70 in a 55. It's funny tho the times I'm really moving I never get stopped. Luckily I knew the Deputies both times and haven't gotten a citation in my baby yet :D.

·
Registered
139 Posts
i got stopped for 83 in a 70, 45 minutes and an illegal search later, he gave me the ticket for 79 in a 70. was driving through Yamassee, SC. Yes. Fuck South Carolina those search happy fucks. The search was such bullshit. Anyways, because the douche didnt find anything he was kind enough to take 4mph and save me $20. How generous!....

·
Registered
109 Posts
Whoa calmness :eek: Well their laws could be different when it comes to searches. That reduction in speed may not be for the monetary part, in GA under a certain mph over you don't get points taken off your license so you don't have to take a driver's course to get em back.

Or he could have just been a jerk. Wasn't there.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Gotta ticket here in nova Scotia. In a Dodge Avenger Rental tho cause my baby's still in the shop.
He dropped it to the minimum fine for a range of 1-15kmh over that's how they do it here. $225 :eek: Can you imagine? 16-20 over is points off over $500 he told me and instant suspension and tow for 7 days. WOW!. cruise control from now on. Didn't even realize. Not used to smooth cars. day before was driving 2003 Ford Escape.
Gee when I lived in Ontario the fines were like $50 for that.

Thanks NS Government! Highest taxed in the country and apparently the biggest fines too!
$12 for a cheap pack of smokes...lol... Not to mention $107 a litre for gas...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts