Kia Forte Forum banner

Wing or Lip Spoiler

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like folks opinion on this setup...

Should I go with the wing or not...

Here is the Spoiler sitting on the car with the prop in the center point (Photoshopped out)

Front Side View

Straight on side view

Rear view

Should I do this or help develop a lip spoiler?

Here is what a current Lip Spoiler looks like on the Koup:

Another View

I'd like your vote to help me to either stay with the wing or scrap it for helping develop a similar lip spoiler like the one above.

vote for Either Wing or Lip Spoiler

·
Registered
298 Posts
I vote for the lip one. But id rather have none IMO.

I love the no spoiler coupe look but if i had to get one it would be the lip

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Spoilers are personal choices...your pictures do the "Si" wing justice and it looks good.

I'm waiting to see if Kia comes out with a factory spoiler (just because I'm partial to factory spoilers) -- but if not, the "Si" spoiler would be a possible choice.

My concern with a lip spoiler is water "pooling" as the trunk lid has two indents that would cause the water to pool from rain or wash -- and if it freezes could play havoc with the spoiler.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I like them both but I think my preference is for the wing. Nice classic style, unobtrusive and fits well in the trunk lid. Best of all, it doesn't look ridiculous like some of the wings on the rice rockets I see.

·
Registered
77 Posts
They both look nice , but I like the lip spoiler a little better. It gives the car a nice clean line. God luck with your decision.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Both look great but I ended up voting for the SI Spoiler, don't think you can lose with either choice. I love the way the SI spoiler looks from the rear view.

·
Registered
4 Posts
look good!

I think that si spoiler is already installed on your red koup! unless you are really good at Photoshop stuff, shadows under the spoiler look real!!

I personaly think red koup should be better with bolder looking stuff, so yours(?) is better!!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's was just sitting on the car propped up in the middle by two rolls of red tape doublesided 3m tape. I photoshopped them out so we could all see what it would look like. It's sitting in a box right now.... I guess I am good at Adobe PS. :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
WING ON RED , MAN! NO QUESTION ABOUT,is looking better.After me for an red sedan is ok the lip one but on your koup go wings!

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
It's was just sitting on the car propped up in the middle by two rolls of red tape doublesided 3m tape. I photoshopped them out so we could all see what it would look like. It's sitting in a box right now.... I guess I am good at Adobe PS. :)
Go ahead and install it! ...then if you really don't like it buy another trunk lid, get it painted, install the lip spoiler, and swap it out. Then when you get wishy-washy and don't like the lip spoiler any more swap out for the wing and then when you don't like the wing anymore swap it out with the lip spoiler and then when you don't like the lip spoiler any more swap out for the wing and then when you don't like the wing anymore swap it out with the lip spoiler and then when you don't like the lip spoiler any more swap out for the wing and then when you don't like the wing anymore swap it out with the lip spoiler and then when you don't like the lip spoiler any more swap out for the wing and then when you don't like the wing anymore swap it out with the lip spoiler and then when you...LoL!!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Go ahead and install it! ...then if you really don't like it buy another trunk lid, get it painted, install the lip spoiler, and swap it out. Then when you get wishy-washy and don't like the lip spoiler any more swap out for the wing and then when you don't like the wing anymore swap it out with the lip spoiler and then when you don't like the lip spoiler any more swap out for the wing and then when you don't like the wing anymore swap it out with the lip spoiler and then when you don't like the lip spoiler any more swap out for the wing and then when you don't like the wing anymore swap it out with the lip spoiler and then when you don't like the lip spoiler any more swap out for the wing and then when you don't like the wing anymore swap it out with the lip spoiler and then when you...LoL!!
First there was drunk driving
>> then came drunk dialing
>> next on deck was drunk texting
>> and now--drunk posting by sx2.4 :p

Dude, it's time for detox, aye? :D

This polll saved me drill holes. I am going with the lip spoiler. Thanks to all that voted. This is why we "ask the audience"

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Looks good as a racer--but I wouldn't drive around like that on the street. I would need the stickers and decals to fit in... :D

I really liked the car before that high altitude wing...what a shame.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts