Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a wild hair today and drove down to Southwest Kia in Rockwall, TX to take a look at a 2011 Optima EX. I picked this particular dealership because they were the only ones close that had an EX with beige leather. I was really just burning time today, with no real intentions of making a move, especially since I had picked "Metal Bronze" and "Dark Cherry" as the only colors I liked, and NOBODY in the immediate vicinity has an EX in those colors. The EX I went to look at was white...which was not on my short list at all. It was a fully loaded EX..something else that didn't interest me. I like the leather, and it was a very nice drive, but that crazy suroof and the other stuff just wasn't on my list of 'gotta haves'.

Then I walked into the showroom and found another white EX....with no options....and it had grey leather, something else that I'd never considered. I walked around the lot and found a Metal Bronze, and the color did NOTHING for me in person. Then I found a Dark Cherry Sorento....and that color had no effect on me either. After that double-dose of disappointment, Snow White Pearl was starting to grow on me. So, after the salesperson came back with some very favorable numbers, I made the leap. Behold..... Bye Bye Corsa Koup. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,897 Posts
It's beautiful!

I don't think the SX turbo is available yet.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
I love the new optimas, however there are 2 things i hate about them.

1st: unless you have the GPS/technology package, the dashboard sucks. i think it looks cheap, my SX koup looks way better.

2nd: I like the concept rims, (i'm not sure if they ever put them on final production in SX, but they aren't on LX or EXs)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Ahh, shame :) The Car looks amazing, White would have been the color I chose if the SX came in it >:L Oh well, Enjoy the new car!

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
FYI, kia is coming up with the Optima Hybrid by the end of the year in case you didn't know.

The only optima i would get is ......

or the exact same in white

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I love the look of the car, it's WAY more comfortable, I can actually take more than one person for a ride without asking anyone to be a contorsionist, and I'm tired of shifting after 24 years of manual transmissions. The dash and sunroof rattles were also getting on my nerves, along with the cold-crinkled sheet metal. The Koup was great for short drives, but when I had to slug all the way across Dallas and back, it gets to be an exhausting car to drive. Probably wouldn't have batted an eye at any of these drawbacks when I was 20, but at 40....it may just be age dictating what I drive instead of just buying what looks good.

My payment only went up $10 a month, so overall it just makes more sense for me.

I love the looks of the SX, but I've been down the turbo road with my Mazdaspeed 6, and after that experience, I can tell you that I'll NEVER buy a first-year turbo ANYTHING again. I got more speeding tickets in that car than any other, so an SX is just out of the question for me...I know me that well. :)

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,897 Posts
All that matters is what you want! Enjoy the car!

·
Registered
644 Posts
I love the look of the car, it's WAY more comfortable, I can actually take more than one person for a ride without asking anyone to be a contorsionist, and I'm tired of shifting after 24 years of manual transmissions. The dash and sunroof rattles were also getting on my nerves, along with the cold-crinkled sheet metal. The Koup was great for short drives, but when I had to slug all the way across Dallas and back, it gets to be an exhausting car to drive. Probably wouldn't have batted an eye at any of these drawbacks when I was 20, but at 40....it may just be age dictating what I drive instead of just buying what looks good.

My payment only went up $10 a month, so overall it just makes more sense for me.

I love the looks of the SX, but I've been down the turbo road with my Mazdaspeed 6, and after that experience, I can tell you that I'll NEVER buy a first-year turbo ANYTHING again. I got more speeding tickets in that car than any other, so an SX is just out of the question for me...I know me that well. :)

No one told you to get the koup in a manual, just saying ;) lol

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
awww.. sooo looong koup,:(

Nice choice I looked at them yesterday.. love the heated stearing wheel, seats, ac seats..the option list on the sx is Nuts! anyway I don't know much about the ex model.. looks great thou
If it was me I would have waited for that turbo just saying

·
Registered
536 Posts
I am so jealous....yea I like my forte but the day I went down to the dealership my eye was on the optima but credit wouldn't allow for it....Does this mean you will be switching forums????

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I got a question, how do you like the transmission?
So far, so good. It seems very intuitive. One thing I would like to see is for Kia to program it more like the Acura TL. My sister has one, and I drove it a lot over Christmas vacation. That transmission seemed almost telepathic. But for the price point, the Kia is smooth and responsive.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.