Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. New guy here. I don't own a Forte yet. I posted this in the Sedan section also as this really pertains to either Forte model.

The Forte SX had been at the top of my list of cars for next purchase. Then I read on another forum about an auto trans 2nd to 3rd gear shift/jerk problem and I cooled off. I was then looking hard at the new '11 Sonata. Great looking car with 200 hp direct injection motor. Well I drove one of those yesterday and was underwhelmed. Sure didn't feel like 200 hp. It was the SE model with sport tuned suspension but didn't feel that way. So I went and drove the Forte SX again. It happened to be a Koup. It's back at the top of my list. :D It just felt good. More grunt than the Sonata. Better handling. Just felt sportier.

I trust that Kia will resolve the auto trans shift/jerk problem before long. Although I did not notice it in the car I drove yesterday. I'll probably buy this fall and am looking forward to it.

BTW, have any of you experienced a shift/jerk probelm going from 2nd to 3rd with the automatic transmission? According to the owners it was happening only on the first time the car shifted from 2nd to 3rd. After that first 2nd/3rd shift there was no more problem until the next time the car was driven.

Just thought I'd share the experience.

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
I'm glad to hear you're leaning towards a Forte. If you decide to get one, you won't be disappointed! I'm absolutely in love with mine, along with every other member of this forum! As for your question about the shifting... I can't help you because mine is the 6 speed manual. But I'm sure someone else will be along shortly to fill you in.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you want fun buy the six speed manual. Apologies to the guys with automatics but they're boring in comparison.

·
Registered
121 Posts
ive got the sx, auto and have never had a problem with the shift from 2nd to 3rd :D hope to see you in a forte!!! you wont regret it!

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
I've got the SX Sedan with the 5 spd A/T, I don't have any issues either.

PS. I love my car!:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts