Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the top speed of the SX 4 door with a 6 speed?

I attempted to reach it but chickened out at 110, fear of cops at 5:30 AM.

·
Registered
114 Posts
i havent tried yet, i wanna look at the speed rating on my tires first lol, make sure they are up to the task.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
135 and 145 with nitrous dont have videos to bac it up but take my word i have althought i still got my ass wup by a supra he must of been going 160

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
read my post..... 135......

·
Registered
453 Posts
120 for me. maybe 122-123 i know the top of fourth was 120, then went to fifth and felt a gov. kicking in.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
well let me try to get a video going probably tonight since theres street races its going to be recorded on my mobile phone

·
Registered
114 Posts
umm i have the sx six speed and i have had my car up to 138 on the speedometer and it didnt shut off i stopped even though it said 138 its not 138 but ima take a video for everyone

·
Registered
453 Posts
so 127 for the sx models......

·
Registered
114 Posts
im tellin u its not 127 on my way home from work today ill do 138 and try and take a pic lol

·
Registered
432 Posts
It must take forever to get to that speed... 98% of the time I'm satisfied with the car's power, but when I get the urge to have a little bit of fun, ouch, that thing is slow as balls. :(

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
omg you people think that we got to lie about the actuall speeds try it your self wtf that shit pissing me off and i tryed to reach them speeds and there was to much traffic i can hit 135 easy and fast just no place were to do it so you are ass out use your imagination and call it a day happy fathers day. and please ask me to take a video of me hitting 145 with nitrous i will bash some ones head open with the 10 pound bottle :) okay maybe not i will take a video at tk dyno with me reaching them speeds

·
Registered
215 Posts
To accelerate at highway speeds, i have to downshift to to 5th or 4th to get any kind of acceleration. Trying to pass in 6th gear feels like i am driving a minivan.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
To accelerate at highway speeds, i have to downshift to to 5th or 4th to get any kind of acceleration. Trying to pass in 6th gear feels like i am driving a minivan.
well 6th is a tall gear its set up that way to give the car plenty of room for higher speeds and keep rpms down..
if you get a turbo or some other big mods your going to be very glad its set up with such tall gears.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts