Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone got a top speed on thier car yet? sx and ex models. I've done 80 no problem, and today I went to 117mph (assumed because the speedometer goes by intervals of 5) it wasn't that bad, no insane shaking, just feel every little bump in the road. And before anyone starts flipping out how dangerous and all that other crap, keep it to ya self! This is a friendly post so no a-holes preaching!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Has anyone taken their car to the drag strip? It might not hit top speed but they give a printout of different things.

For me I am a bit pokey and maybe 75 or 80 on the interstate.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I have a 20 mile straight (mostly) stretch to my house. Sometimes when I come home late, and there is no one around (I live in the vacation part of Galveston Island so there is NEVER anyone around until summer)... I just floor it. I've gotten to 120 130 ish before I freaked out. It was windy that day so I could tell the wind was affecting my performance.

·
Registered
231 Posts
i got her upto about 185 km/h on the 401 a few months back, not sure what that is in m/h...

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
stock sx is 135 .. I know cause thats going down hill I did this last month at about 2am on a road where nobody was, Safe, no not really but (safer then trying on a major road close to a city) .. car has plenty of room left on the tach.. but there is a ignition block.. once it hits that it starts to hold the spark back.. kind of sad.

Need to reflash the computer to get the real top speed out of it.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I MIGHT see if my local dealer can reflash it to take that out.. maybe, maybe they wont.. BUT IF they do, Im gonna take my car to the Texas Mile and see how fast i can get it up to.

2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i didnt get a chance to slam the pedal because 2 dicks in a minivan and in a station wagon wouldnt get the ef out the way but.... i did race an s2000. seriously??? i thought those things were fast! 3 car lengths...maybe its just my awesome driving ability! lol

·
Registered
769 Posts
lol a riced out integra was eggin me on last night and I was like HECK no, Im bone stock and I could tell the guy had a turbo lol.

·
Registered
174 Posts
130 scared me but the car handled great to me. Especially for a KIA! That's crazy fast.

·
Registered
769 Posts
heck no bro lol the guy was rigged out im stock lol it would be a joke

·
Registered
128 Posts
I've only did about 100 then cars got in the way :(. (K) (I) (A) bee niee! Hey live too bad u live in texas I have a friend that owns a shop and he does all the computer stuff on highg end cars and others he does alota vettes,gtos, subarus, if he had the rite chip for our car I'm sure he could do it all. I could have him do mine so we could all know, I don't think I want him to change anything tho won't that deff destroy the warrenty?

·
Registered
769 Posts
I've only did about 100 then cars got in the way :(. (K) (I) (A) bee niee! Hey live too bad u live in texas I have a friend that owns a shop and he does all the computer stuff on highg end cars and others he does alota vettes,gtos, subarus, if he had the rite chip for our car I'm sure he could do it all. I could have him do mine so we could all know, I don't think I want him to change anything tho won't that deff destroy the warrenty?
It pretty much would kill the warranty lol youre reprogramming the cars computer basically so EVERYTHING is affected.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yea that's what I figurd he could always reset it no? But I could jus have him read everythin off so we know what it can do ya know? I don't know what u call all that so I'm not gonna try n say it lol only one I know is how much throttle to the pedal and what else should I find out from him?

1 - 20 of 93 Posts