Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2022 gt2
547 Posts
Got a brand new 2022 Kia Forte GT-Line less than 1 week ago and was hit by a car that did not yield on a left turn. Only 200 miles on it. Gone way too soon :’(

Do you guys think it will be totaled out or repairable? View attachment 88263
View attachment 88262
SRS deployment, center pillar, possible rocker reinforcement, 1/4 panel, outer wheelhouse..etcetc.. with only 200 miles the salvage value will be very high... I’m confident if the initial estimate is written properly it will total before it’s even torn down.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Forte LXS Fire Orange
419 Posts
Very sad for you. Rotten thing to happen.

Generally, airbag deployment will total a car. With the car being so new and the supply chain issues, who knows?

For me, I would hope for it being totalled and buy a new one. Who knows what damage was done to the electrical wiring that will plague you for years to come.

Since the other person is at fault (assuming you are not in a no fault state), expect a battle with the other person's insurance adjuster. Insist on having your new car replaced with a new one. Don't let them tell you they will give you a one year older car or one with higher mileage or less equipment in exchange. If you don't like their offer I could pay $100 for an hour of attorney time to see how to react. Expect the insurance company to try to screw you to the maximum. Maybe your insurance carrier can offer advice.

Again, sorry this happened to you.

Let us know how this turns out

·
Registered
2022 gt2
547 Posts
Very sad for you. Rotten thing to happen.

Generally, airbag deployment will total a car. With the car being so new and the supply chain issues, who knows?

For me, I would hope for it being totalled and buy a new one. Who knows what damage was done to the electrical wiring that will plague you for years to come.

Since the other person is at fault (assuming you are not in a no fault state), expect a battle with the other person's insurance adjuster. Insist on having your new car replaced with a new one. Don't let them tell you they will give you a one year older car or one with higher mileage or less equipment in exchange. If you don't like their offer I could pay $100 for an hour of attorney time to see how to react. Expect the insurance company to try to screw you to the maximum. Maybe your insurance carrier can offer advice.

Again, sorry this happened to you.

Let us know how this turns out
I would go through my own insurance if I was in this situation... let them sort it out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
419 Posts
Insurance has said probable total and has towed it to their salvage yard to make final determination.
Body shop that towed car from the scene of accident said he thought it was going to be totaled as well.
Hope the settlement works out for you. Planning on buying a new Forte? You barely had time to get to know the old one.

·
Registered
2022 KIA FORTE GT
52 Posts
I'm sorry this happened to you but it does look totaled to me. Air bags deployed, possible frame damage, and doors are completely destroyed. If you are claiming an injury, I would hire an accident lawyer and let them sort it out for you. On the bright side, you might be able to get a brand new '23 Forte GT with the insurance payout......

·
Registered
2022 KIA FORTE GT
52 Posts
I'm sorry this happened to you but it does look totaled to me. Air bags deployed, possible frame damage, and doors are completely destroyed. If you are claiming an injury, I would hire an accident lawyer and let them sort it out for you. On the bright side, you might be able to get a brand new '23 Forte GT with the insurance payout......
Just saw you updated it as totaled. Sorry!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Frankly, substantially damaged cars are seldom ever right again. That's okay for a beater, but not for a new, primary car.

I understand there are more Hyundai Elantras in the pipeline than other cars. May want to look for your new car there.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Our local Subaru dealership here in mid-Missouri got eight new cars in one truckload. That's what they would get pre-supply problem. My local Kia dealer has two Fortes on the lot, and the Hyundai store has three Elantras

Hope the supply problems are abating.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts