Kia Forte Forum banner

Touchscreen Issue

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  WillGetchaz 
#1 ·
While listening to the stereo inside the car, in drive, park or whatever in my 2019 kia forte lxs, the bottom right of the touch screen has a GHOST touch. On the radio screen it hits Scan... on the home screen it hits setup... there is no visual damage to the screen and I don't know of any accidental contact that may of dmg'd it. Has anyone had this issue and is there a way to disable touch temporarily? Does anyone know if this is covered under warranty?

#2 ·
I did have this issue with my gt-line before I traded for a GT, and it would do the exact same thing, just at random. But I haven’t had the problem in this one
I never got around to taking it back to them to have it checked and I only had it a few months.
Sorry I am of no real help here but I am curious to see this out come of this.

#3 ·
While listening to the stereo inside the car, in drive, park or whatever in my 2019 kia forte lxs, the bottom right of the touch screen has a GHOST touch. On the radio screen it hits Scan... on the home screen it hits setup... there is no visual damage to the screen and I don't know of any accidental contact that may of dmg'd it. Has anyone had this issue and is there a way to disable touch temporarily? Does anyone know if this is covered under warranty?
I had the same thing happen to my 2020 Forte GT. It was really bad when it was humid out - then the touchscreen was unusable. I tried the updated map and software updates but that didn’t help. Took it to the dealer and they replaced the unit under warranty. Now I have no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
I had the same thing happen to my 2020 Forte GT. It was really bad when it was humid out - then the touchscreen was unusable. I tried the updated map and software updates but that didn’t help. Took it to the dealer and they replaced the unit under warranty. Now I have no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks ALOT! YOUVE ANSWERED ALL my questions ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.