Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was surprised to see the TPMS light come on while driving. I checked the tires visually and they all looked fine. At home, I checked each tire pressure. Sure enough, one of rear tires had very low pressure - like 20 PSI... Anyway, I found that the tire had a nail puncture. Will see if this can be repaired or have to be replaced.

Lesson learned.. With these low profile tires, it's not visually apparent that the tire pressure is low.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I was surprised to see the TPMS light come on while driving. I checked the tires visually and they all looked fine. At home, I checked each tire pressure. Sure enough, one of rear tires had very low pressure - like 20 PSI... Anyway, I found that the tire had a nail puncture. Will see if this can be repaired or have to be replaced.

Lesson learned.. With these low profile tires, it's not visually apparent that the tire pressure is low.
Did it display which tire was having an issue or is it just a general one of your tires thing? You can usually feel when a tire gets low from driving over bumps and road cracks, the car behaves slightly different and the sound changes.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
my tpms went off last week, I checked the air and all tires were down to 20psi
I filled the tires up to 32 psi and after about 5 miles of driving and two stops tpms light went off.
Very cool to have a reminder, adds a feeling of security I never had before:)

(Im guessing it was the change in weather that droped the air presure)

as above these low pro tires can trick you they look fine but might be very low on air,
I've learned but thxs to the tpms no big harm for us!

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Did it display which tire was having an issue or is it just a general one of your tires thing? You can usually feel when a tire gets low from driving over bumps and road cracks, the car behaves slightly different and the sound changes.
It's just a general check your tires light. Doesn't specify which one has the issue.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Funny, mine came on last night while doing some highway driving. After a few minutes it went off. Checked my tire pressure before a trip today and found 3 tires were 3psi low and one 5psi low. I keep them around 33psi.

·
Registered
533 Posts
If it is within 1" from the sidewall it is not repairable for safety reasons.. The closer to the middle the better... Go to pep boys if you got one cause they will fix it for free if not most places will plug it for less than $20..

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
It's just a general check your tires light. Doesn't specify which one has the issue.

oh crapola-

i know i came across an aftermarket setup that does screw into the stems
and sends back the TPMS sigs back to a HUD sorta display that tells you the tire and the pressure in that tire ........i'll look for the site again- but its gonna be a couple of days- going to see disturbed and avenged sevenfold tomorrow.............

1 - 8 of 8 Posts