Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT/MT currant red
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of rims on the way. So I'll have 2 sets 1 for winter and 1 for summer. What tpms brand should I get kia or are there quality aftermarket?

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
5,142 Posts
IMHO stay with factory Kia sensors.

I recently bought some aftermarket sensors and THEY DID NOT WORK on my 2017 Kia Sorento! I found that factory sensors work faster (transmit data faster) then aftermarket sensors. When I use my TPMS scan tool, factory sensors "hit" almost immediately while the aftermarket sensors I purchased took a minute or longer to "hit"!

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
705 Posts
I got sensors installed in my wheel/tire package from Tire Rack. Not Kia sensors, but they work great. Put the wheels on, accelerated to like 50 and back to a stop and they all read properly in the correct location. No scan tool needed. Quite a nice system I'd say.
Just make sure the sensors you get are 433 MHz and from a decent brand and you'll be all set.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Forte LX
718 Posts
I got sensors installed in my wheel/tire package from Tire Rack. Not Kia sensors, but they work great. Put the wheels on, accelerated to like 50 and back to a stop and they all read properly in the correct location. No scan tool needed. Quite a nice system I'd say.
Just make sure the sensors you get are 433 MHz and from a decent brand and you'll be all set.
How can you tell if it's the proper MHz? Will the box tell you what megahertz it's tuned to?

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
705 Posts
How can you tell if it's the proper MHz? Will the box tell you what megahertz it's tuned to?
I think so? If not it’s probably in the product description. I got my setup already put together and balanced from Tire Rack so I never saw the box. That’s just what was stated on the website

·
Registered
2017 Kia Forte LX
718 Posts
I looked at mine yesterday and didn't see anything on the box. HOWEVER, upon a close inspection of the TPMS, I did discover that the MHz is printed on it. Mine said 432, 433, 434 &435 MHz so I figure it's all good. I'm just going to be using it in a full size spare, so it won't really matter too much.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT/MT currant red
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do you know what brand tire rack used? I just talked my car dealership and they want $86 per sensor. I'm like i might drive without the sensors. But seeing aftermarket tpms for half that's not to bad.

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
705 Posts
Do you know what brand tire rack used? I just talked my car dealership and they want $86 per sensor. I'm like i might drive without the sensors. But seeing aftermarket tpms for half that's not to bad.
Not sure. You could probably call them and find out. Their customer service is quite good.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte GT-Line
364 Posts
You can get all 4 on Ebay for like $40 and I have seen them actually listed by dealers on Ebay 4 that price. They even verify your VIN to make sure they are the correct ones.
I believe it was here that I got the last set. This was 433mhz for a 2017 Forte.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts