Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that many of you have done the TPS adjustment and are happy with the results. I have an SX with the auto transmission and do not notice any lag in throttle response, or a dead spot when I first push the pedal. What I do notice is that most of the throttle seems to come on in the first 25% to 50% of the throttle's movement. When the Forte first came out all of the car magazine reviews that I read said the same thing, that the throttle 'tips in' very early and there isn't much left after you're pushed the pedal half way. I'm guessing that this is a byproduct of 'drive by wire'.

So my question is, does the TPS adjustment that you folks are doing address this problem, or just a dead spot at the very beginning of pedal movement?

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,126 Posts
I did the TPS adjustment on my Koup SX auto -- I have no problems with it and enjoy the quicker throttle response off a light. Pretty much all the fly-by-wire cars I've owned had the lack of performance feel above 70-75% throttle.

I did not do the TPS adjustment on my sedan SX auto because from day 1 it has been quicker than my Koup...Dammit...LoL!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did the TPS adjustment on my Koup SX auto -- I have no problems with it and enjoy the quicker throttle response off a light. Pretty much all the fly-by-wire cars I've owned had the lack of performance feel above 70-75% throttle.

I did not do the TPS adjustment on my sedan SX auto because from day 1 it has been quicker than my Koup...Dammit...LoL!
So you're saying that the TPS adjustment does nothing for the problem that I described. It only fixes the dead spot at the very first pedal movement. Correct?

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,126 Posts
Correct -- The APS adjustment is primarily for the dead spot -- if you do not detect one you do not need to make an adjustment. The APS (not TPS actually -- technically -- we are adjusting the Accelerator Pedal Switch) adjustment does not make a difference in the wide open throttle feel. The TPS is in the throttle body.

I could detect an irritating lack of response in my Koup. Initially pushing the throttle up to 3/8 inch brought no response from the engine...and this was backed up on the diagnostics at my dealer's service department.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info.

I don't have the dead spot. I mean if I really pay close attention there might be a very tiny movement before the motor reacts, but nothing I even noticed until I started seeing the threads about the adjustment. So I'm good with the 'dead spot'.

I was hoping the adjustment was also a fix for the early throttle 'tip in'.

Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.