Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,403 Posts
I did the TPS adjustment on my Koup SX auto -- I have no problems with it and enjoy the quicker throttle response off a light. Pretty much all the fly-by-wire cars I've owned had the lack of performance feel above 70-75% throttle.

I did not do the TPS adjustment on my sedan SX auto because from day 1 it has been quicker than my Koup...Dammit...LoL!

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,403 Posts
Correct -- The APS adjustment is primarily for the dead spot -- if you do not detect one you do not need to make an adjustment. The APS (not TPS actually -- technically -- we are adjusting the Accelerator Pedal Switch) adjustment does not make a difference in the wide open throttle feel. The TPS is in the throttle body.

I could detect an irritating lack of response in my Koup. Initially pushing the throttle up to 3/8 inch brought no response from the engine...and this was backed up on the diagnostics at my dealer's service department.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts