Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my car in the dealer last week for a squeaking sound at idle, which turned out to be a faulty water pump. Since then, every other time I turn my car on, within I would say 5 minutes or so, the traction control off light illuminates. This stays on until the car is turned off, or restarted. My car is an EX with 4 speed A/T. Any info is greatly appriciated. Thanks

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,906 Posts
This car is so new that I doubt there are a lot of people out there that can offer any technical advice to help you (except maybe the few Kia Techs we have on here). Best to take it to the dealer to find out what's wrong with it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea, that's what I figured but ya never know. Didn't know if anyone had the same issue and were told what it was. I don't care that the traction control is off, just don't want a major malfunction!

·
Registered
746 Posts
Siverkoup - not sure if this relates. but on some prev models with ESC KIA found that this resulted from some poor grounds caused by paint remains between bolt & weld nut attaching the ground terminal to body.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.