Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was thinking of trading my koup in for a genesis coupe but they will giver next to nothing for mine and want an arm an leg for the genesis made me angry at their arrogance. hell with them take a deep breathe enjoy the koup

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
:( Hyundai is really picky.. Lol, unlike GMC... whenever I pulled up, the sales man said "Hey, I'll give you 15k for that car!" I was like "Uhhh, yeah I'm keeping this car for a LONGGGG time. So sorry you are wasting your time, my FRIEND is the one that is in need of a car..." D; And yeah I'd love to have a genny, but wait until the new one that is pushing almost 500 hp comes out :p

·
Registered
185 Posts
Try to enjoy it. I'm actually in the same boat. I've been considering trading mines for a genesis coupe but haven't acted upon it to see their offerings. Nonetheless, I'm going to continue enjoying the Koup. I keep telling myself maybe its just meant to be :).

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm still car shopping and am still considering either the Koup, the new Ford Focus, or the Genesis Coupe. The Genesis gets some good reviews for giving you a lot of value. The Koup is also recognized for value but I think the car will get a lot better starting next year if they come out with a GDI engine and fix all the rattles that so many current owners complain about. They also need to fix the handling and make it more stable and less harsh. But things are going in the right direction. The new Focus seems like a good mid-point between these cars so I'm looking forward to giving it a test drive.

·
Registered
233 Posts
To be fair: The Gen Coupe has rattle issues too based on what I've read at GenCoupe.com forum. Same for the Nissan Z, Volvo C30 and VW GTI...

Not uncommon these days thanks to harsh sport suspensions and hard plastic interiors..

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
I'm still car shopping and am still considering either the Koup, the new Ford Focus, or the Genesis Coupe. The Genesis gets some good reviews for giving you a lot of value. The Koup is also recognized for value but I think the car will get a lot better starting next year if they come out with a GDI engine and fix all the rattles that so many current owners complain about. They also need to fix the handling and make it more stable and less harsh. But things are going in the right direction. The new Focus seems like a good mid-point between these cars so I'm looking forward to giving it a test drive.
Might also want to add the new FT-86 to your shopping list!!!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
My SX with 30k miles on it has a trade in at around 14 blah blah blah and private sale is just shy of 16 blah blah blah.... most people probably owe more than that, but for a KIA that's not too bad.

·
Registered
45 Posts
are you financing you koup or do you own it? if you are financing it you may have negative equity on the vehicle making it hard to get another car without having to put a good chunk of money down. if you dont know what negative equity is its the difference in the value of the car and how much you still owe on the vehicle. negative equity will have to transfer over to the new vechicle so if you have $4k in negative equity that will be added to the price of whatever you are buying.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Good luck getting anything for your trade in. Whatever Kelly Blue book says doesn't mean much.

·
Registered
5 Posts
good luck getting any decent value from this POS.
i tried to get rid of my koup sx in less than 2 months & 2000 miles, and i was offered $6000 less.
i will never buy kia again.

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
What? That's a joke, right? Offered under 6k for a car less than 2 months old?
They meant that the vehicle lost 6k in value in that amount of time. It's not uncommon for a brand new car. But you also have to remember that they are looking at retail price versus dealer trade in. If they really wanted to get rid of the car after 2 months they could sell it private party and probably only lose 3-4k on it.

AFAIK, parts of the warranty don't transfer to a second owner so there is a benefit to being an original owner.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts