Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 Forte GT Manual
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m currently sitting at the dealer possibly trading my 21 Snow White Pearl gt2 auto for the 22 black gt manual. Wanted white again but can’t find one unfortunately. We will see what happens. Wish me luck.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Forte LXS Fire Orange
196 Posts
Good luck, but why do you want to trade so soon? The cars are identical save for the color and transmission. The manual mode on the automatic does about the same thing without the clutch. Why not save the sales tax and higher insurance?

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
490 Posts
The bigger screen and transmission swap! Too bad the 2 tone interior isn't offered like in Korea.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
5,424 Posts
Good Luck!
Save money or get what you want...tough call...:)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Given that used car trade in values are so crazy high, you'll probably will be able to swap with very little additional $. I traded my three year old Sonata for the Forte for $3,000 more than I bought it for. If you can, take advantage. May never see days like this again. Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
2022 Forte GT Manual
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I did it. Man did I miss a manual. It’s black and while I like the white better look wise, I will take the stick over all the other stuff I lost out on like the ventilated seats.
I say that now, but ask me in July with all that black. Lol.

I’ll post pics when it’s not raining.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Congrats. Since you've owned a manual before you know you'll still be liking it in a year or two.

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
814 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Kia Forte LX
781 Posts
I miss driving a stick. Next month, a buddy of mine is giving me a 1997 Saturn SC2. It's got the 1.9 five speed manual. Other than the a/c not working, it's in damned near mint condition and has 200,000 miles on it. He's taken excellent care of it, but his wife told him if he doesn't get rid of it, she's leaving! Wow! Anyway, it's got a rusted engine cradle but I've already found a very nice one for under $200, so I'll be replacing that. Happy Birthday for me several months early!!

·
Registered
2022 Kia Forte GT2 Steel Grey
379 Posts
I miss driving a stick. Next month, a buddy of mine is giving me a 1997 Saturn SC2. It's got the 1.9 five speed manual. Other than the a/c not working, it's in damned near mint condition and has 200,000 miles on it. He's taken excellent care of it, but his wife told him if he doesn't get rid of it, she's leaving! Wow! Anyway, it's got a rusted engine cradle but I've already found a very nice one for under $200, so I'll be replacing that. Happy Birthday for me several months early!!
Be careful with that engine cradle. I had one and somehow one bolt front passenger actually came out at 35mph on a curvy road. Put me in a creek when it decided to do a u-turn in the middle of the road. Replaced the engine cradle that got bent in the accident and had it checked at a buddies frame shop. It all looked good but it never acted right after that. And practically gave it away. This happened about 10 years ago.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Forte LX
781 Posts
^^^^^^ Oh, I'll be extremely careful with this. After I get it all swapped, I'll take it to a shop and have it checked and aligned. If it doesn't feel right, it'll be gone. I ain't risking my life over a free car. You got any spare parts, tc0566? LOL

·
Registered
2022 Kia Forte GT2 Steel Grey
379 Posts
^^^^^^ Oh, I'll be extremely careful with this. After I get it all swapped, I'll take it to a shop and have it checked and aligned. If it doesn't feel right, it'll be gone. I ain't risking my life over a free car. You got any spare parts, tc0566? LOL
Afraid not... that one is long gone lol

·
Registered
321 Posts
Good luck, but why do you want to trade so soon? The cars are identical save for the color and transmission. The manual mode on the automatic does about the same thing without the clutch. Why not save the sales tax and higher insurance?
Ok, so the 2022 GT has higher insurance rates over the 2020/2021 GT?

Asking cuz the dealer I bought mine from keeps bugging me about trading in with little cost to me.

·
Premium Member
2022 Forte GT Manual
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok, so the 2022 GT has higher insurance rates over the 2020/2021 GT?

Asking cuz the dealer I bought mine from keeps bugging me about trading in with little cost to me.
Honestly my insurance did go up a little bit. Like $20 a month.

·
Registered
2022 Forte GT, 6 speed Manual
37 Posts
Well I did it. Man did I miss a manual. It’s black and while I like the white better look wise, I will take the stick over all the other stuff I lost out on like the ventilated seats.
I say that now, but ask me in July with all that black. Lol.

I’ll post pics when it’s not raining.
The vented seats are the only, and I mean ONLY thing I miss by going with a manual. Rowing the gears is worth more than the price of admission tho. Its an enthusiast thing and you either gotta have it or you don't. I prefer to drive my car rather than just steer it, no offense to the auto guys. In a few years tho, a manual will be a classic thing you can't get anymore.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
5,424 Posts
The vented seats are the only, and I mean ONLY thing I miss by going with a manual. Rowing the gears is worth more than the price of admission tho. Its an enthusiast thing and you either gotta have it or you don't. I prefer to drive my car rather than just steer it, no offense to the auto guys. In a few years tho, a manual will be a classic thing you can't get anymore.
I never take offense to manual drivers "rowing the gears" and pumping the left leg continuously in stop and go traffic while I sit comfortably. :cool:

Reactions: BlueStang

·
Premium Member
2022 Forte GT Manual
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I never take offense to manual drivers "rowing the gears" and pumping the left leg continuously in stop and go traffic while I sit comfortably. :cool:
Well you got me there but I just wait until they move far enough away to have a little filing.

·
Registered
2022 Forte GT, 6 speed Manual
37 Posts
I
I appreciate that. Its just more engaging for me and let's me take it easy on leg day cause my calves and thighs look awesome. 😏

1 - 20 of 25 Posts