Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! This may be a dumb question but I've never changed transmission fluid, my plan is to just drain the fluid into a oil pan that has measurements on the side and refill the exact amount through the dipstick. Fairly confident I can do it but I do not know where the drain plug is 馃う I tried to find it on the web and these forums. I have a 2010 kia forte ex with an automatic transmission. If anyone can show me in a picture or something I'd appreciate it

Banned
Have you checked that you have a dipstick? Most Fortes have sealed automatic transmissions that have no dipstick.
The drain plug will be on the pan of the transmission. If there is no drain plug, you will have to drop the entire pan to remove the fluid. Or, use a pump with a long, thin hose you send down the dipstick tube (if you have a dipstick).

Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, Wagner-Tuning Intercooler, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
UPDATE: picture below is 2011 - up. 2010 Fortes have transmission dipstick!

Organism Font Map Pattern Diagram

You will find that when you remove the drain plug on the bottom (3) only about three quarts will drain out. To check the fluid level you have to jack up the car and with the engine running AND TRANSMISSION FLUID HOT, you remove the oil level plug (2) and the fluid should be to the bottom of the plug opening. Use eyebolt (1) to put the fluid back in.

Good Luck!

Registered
View attachment 81866

You will find that when you remove the drain plug on the bottom (3) only about three quarts will drain out. To check the fluid level you have to jack up the car and with the engine running AND TRANSMISSION FLUID HOT, you remove the oil level plug (2) and the fluid should be to the bottom of the plug opening. Use eyebolt (1) to put the fluid back in.

Good Luck!
I'ma give it a try but don't know what kind of transmission can the also be CVT???

Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, Wagner-Tuning Intercooler, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
For automatics...If memory serves me right...your 2010 Forte EX has a 4-speed auto, right?

The 2010 SX had a 5-speed auto.

In 2011-2013 all forte models went to the 6-speed auto - NOT CVT/IVT

Registered
Do you have an exact photo I can't seem to find the fill plug I have like 4 other bolts
What year and model do you have?
2010, 2011-2013
LX 2.0, EX 2.0, SX 2.4
4 speed, 5 speed, 6 speed

If it is a 2010 you should have a dipstick!

Registered
What year and model do you have?
2010, 2011-2013
LX 2.0, EX 2.0, SX 2.4
4 speed, 5 speed, 6 speed

If it is a 2010 you should have a dipstick!

It's an Ex 2011 semi auto sealed transmission.
Just need to add some more fluid. I'm working on another car as soon im finish I be sending it to the shop since it's leaking

1 - 9 of 9 Posts