Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! This may be a dumb question but I've never changed transmission fluid, my plan is to just drain the fluid into a oil pan that has measurements on the side and refill the exact amount through the dipstick. Fairly confident I can do it but I do not know where the drain plug is 馃う I tried to find it on the web and these forums. I have a 2010 kia forte ex with an automatic transmission. If anyone can show me in a picture or something I'd appreciate it

Registered
Have you checked that you have a dipstick? Most Fortes have sealed automatic transmissions that have no dipstick.
The drain plug will be on the pan of the transmission. If there is no drain plug, you will have to drop the entire pan to remove the fluid. Or, use a pump with a long, thin hose you send down the dipstick tube (if you have a dipstick).

Registered
trans plugs.jpg

You will find that when you remove the drain plug on the bottom (3) only about three quarts will drain out. To check the fluid level you have to jack up the car and with the engine running AND TRANSMISSION FLUID HOT, you remove the oil level plug (2) and the fluid should be to the bottom of the plug opening. Use eyebolt (1) to put the fluid back in.

Good Luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts