Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you see these actions in a thread, please do not respond to it.
Players that intentionally troll, grief or flame are looking for this type of response.
Report the post and let the mod team handle it. I know some of you think the mod team has done a poor job lately, but keeping the back and forth insults out of the threads will be a huge step to getting things back on track.

I thank you for your attention and participation.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Seriously the mod team has been doing a bad job lately. Noodle specifically hasn't helped to de-escalate situations.

The mods need to lock down threads earlier on. Especially the noobie thread, just post a link and lock before the flames start.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Seriously the mod team has been doing a bad job lately. Noodle specifically hasn't helped to de-escalate situations.

The mods need to lock down threads earlier on. Especially the noobie thread, just post a link and lock before the flames start.
I don't think he's a mod anymore.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Flames (as in real life) can spread fast and before a mod has had a chance to view a thread, it can be out of control. Flames can often occur on the tail end of a good thread. Keeping track of every new post on every thread is asking a lot.

I'm just asking that those "upstanding" forum members refrain from engaging the trolls and help us by reporting them.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Arine, great advice. I was wondering myself why people would keep feeding into these types of things, but then be upset about all the drama. The thing about ignorance is that those with it are ignorant to it. ;) I try to just ignore it. I can understand how that can be hard at times since it's so annoying, but why add to it, you know they'll keep going back and forth. Age and maturity has definitely been evident in some of these threads. Anyway, sorry for the rant. :) I hope the experience betters for everyone. This is still a great forum and community.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Flames (as in real life) can spread fast and before a mod has had a chance to view a thread, it can be out of control. Flames can often occur on the tail end of a good thread. Keeping track of every new post on every thread is asking a lot.

I'm just asking that those "upstanding" forum members refrain from engaging the trolls and help us by reporting them.

Thanks!

Should make your first post a sticky!

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
It's hard because it's not always trolls. There's only one troll I know of in particular, most of his posts are him begging for money cause he's lazy (I think we all know who I'm referencing here, lol), but the rest happens when insults get thrown on what were interesting threads when they started. And most of the mods don't even come on here!! And I kinda agree with Tebore. Mods have to take a hard stance on these things, not play around like kids and joke around with the obvious offenders. But I got faith in you arinesmith! Show us the way, lol!

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
It's hard because it's not always trolls. There's only one troll I know of in particular, most of his posts are him begging for money cause he's lazy (I think we all know who I'm referencing here, lol),

Lemme guess lemme guess. is it Futurekoupowner? as in far far in the future (after they discontinue the KOUP) future koup owner?

PS: you guys are so annoying about mods, can't they ever have fun? it's not like they're getting paid to do it. Give them a break once in a while. They don't have to wear their moderating hats 24/7.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I need to ignore more Annoying post myself, problem is a lot of members don't want to tell on others myself included, but on the same note none of us who don't have banning power are going to put out a fire by adding to it so to clean uP the garbage it's become neccessary, lots and lots of people get linked to this forum when researching "Forte" and it would be nice to see them join weather it be in this forum or more on the road even, when I browse other forums and see heavy flaming and disrespect I just think...damn, glad we ain't that bad, but unfortunately we are getting there.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Lemme guess lemme guess. is it Futurekoupowner? as in far far in the future (after they discontinue the KOUP) future koup owner?

PS: you guys are so annoying about mods, can't they ever have fun? it's not like they're getting paid to do it. Give them a break once in a while. They don't have to wear their moderating hats 24/7.
Ding ding ding!!! We have a winner! Your prize is...you get to buy him his Koup!!! LOL!!! And then, you get to hear him go on about the UVO system he'll never own!!!! (Key in prize winning music) You got it, that's the one...

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
^as they should!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
September FOTM Winner
162 Posts
Keeping track of every new post on every thread is asking a lot.
I realize this post was a year old, but I certainly disagree.

There's a button at the top of the page that says "new posts". If I don't check the forum all day, I've seen it go to 2 pages of new posts, but that's it. That's really not that much and if you're not willing to at least click a button, open some tabs and skim, you definitely shouldn't be a moderator.

You also shouldn't be a moderator if you are responding to members in private telling them to get a life when they bring an issue to you. Subtle, to this day, is the only mod I've seen here that acts professional and, despite our disagreements, has my respect because he actually communicates beyond a 3rd grade level.

How many moderators are there anyway? I know of at least 4 I can think of. There may be a few too many cooks in the kitchen because all this shit has been going down lately and I struggle to find any accountability on any of their behalf. More and more people are coming out of the wood work to say this shit is going too far.

Who moderates the moderators? Does that person even post here? Participate in the community? Own a Kia? Know anything about cars or the internet in general?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Personally I think your all babies and need to grow up. If I don't like green I'm going to give you my opinion, no need to get butt hurt.

This is the most in active kia forum I'm on and has more drama then all of them.

Yep probably going to be labeled as a troll post but I'm just giving my opinion.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts