Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a post I read earlier about someone who was able to use bungee cords to make a faux lift on the trunk. Anyone point me to that post. I want to put it on mine, but don't remember where it was hooked or what length cord.

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
The video worked for me.

Edit: I'll screen capture the important stuff later today for those that are having issues and/or can't watch video.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Video worked find for me, I can easily see where you attached it. Can you clarify what length bungee you used?

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
just did it now. took like 2 minutes..not even.
maybe ill post a video up. real simple mod but did it a different way with 15'' bungee's.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Ok I just have to say whe I put my spoiler on, I noticed that if you take that cloth cover off the buttom side of th trunk lid the trunk will open all the way by itself.

That only works for those of you with out a spoiler.. just a heads up in case you wanted another way.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Sorry for the necro bump, but I would like some information on the longevity of the mod. Have any members who have done this mod had to replace bungee cords over time after wear/tear?

·
Registered
589 Posts
Yep I also had to replace both of mine.

I'm thinking of taking a trip to Home Depot and seeing if I can find a spring that will somehow work instead of using bungee cords. I searched ebay and there doesn't appear to be a hydraulic kit available for the trunk.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Under_flip, Torontonian! How long did it last before you had to replace it? I picked up a box of 26 bungee cords at $6 today and found a neat way to just use 1 bungee to do the mod by wrapping it around the bar.

tcope, how long did it last for you and does Utah experience all 4 seasons?

·
Registered
646 Posts
The bungie cord works but the tension disappears slowly. Instead use BLK rubber bungies.

The only problem with this type is you have to select the propped tension (length). Too much, and your trunk will launch and fly off the hinges. Too little and it's a waste of time. Also, if you over tension, eventually the trunk seams will dislocate and appear off center compared too the other side.

Watch out for eye injuries with bungie cords.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I took mine off, it wouldn't lift anymore with my spoiler.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts