Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have found that one of the only things that my koup lacks, imo, is some serious bass and one of the things i loved about the lancers, one of the other cars i was looking at, is the fact that they have a rocford fosgate sub mounted in the trunk from the factory. i loved them because they are not big show pieces but really get the job done, real sleeper. heres where my question comes into play, say i were to find myself two of these subs and enclosures would it be possible for them to fit on the sides of the koup trunk, one on each side oppose to the single sub that the mitsus have?? what else would be needed and would it be worth it to get these installed or just to go to a custom sound shop to get the job done?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Im sure if you got the measurments you could get a sub box and sub that fits in the sides of the koup. But if you really want a nice set up talk to a sound shop if you can afford it thats the way i would suggest going because theyll make it the best they can for you car

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
i have found that one of the only things that my koup lacks, imo, is some serious bass and one of the things i loved about the lancers, one of the other cars i was looking at, is the fact that they have a rocford fosgate sub mounted in the trunk from the factory. i loved them because they are not big show pieces but really get the job done, real sleeper. heres where my question comes into play, say i were to find myself two of these subs and enclosures would it be possible for them to fit on the sides of the koup trunk, one on each side oppose to the single sub that the mitsus have?? what else would be needed and would it be worth it to get these installed or just to go to a custom sound shop to get the job done?
You coming in Sunday to the BBQ?

Let's chat there if you are.
D

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
well- checked around the crutchfield site........nope- they havent found/tooled up any custom fit type subs for the forte yet...

joey

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just a note on sub placement, although the side isn't ideal for optimum bass, it will definitely add an improvement over nothing at all. But I wouldn't put two facing each other, you will get wave cancellation. Better to have one on the side than two facing each other. Even if it's on the other side of the trunk there will be cancellation. Just my opinion.;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.