Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've seen these for sale online, but the LED brightness and coloration never seem quite right in the pics, as compared to the taillights.

·
Registered
391 Posts
This is for the China-made K3. Note the rear light cluster includes the indicators, there are only the reflectors in the bumper. Different size

Reactions: ForteSX2.4

·
Registered
7 Posts
That red strip is annoying how bright it looks compared to the taillights. I think I'm going to wrap mine in black when I do the grill

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
One thing for sure I can see different is their light fixture doesn't have a large red tab on it in the top center like ours do. They don't show the outer rear of the lens either - ours has two flat plastic tabs on each side that hold it in and I can't see those tabs in the pictures they provide - not on any of the sellers on ebay.

As far as the light - I see it doesn't quite match our lights - but I'd like to just have the brake light work.

I copied this picture from one of the seller's ads...it doesn't look like ours - ours is held in on each end by the tail lights (you HAVE to remove the tail lights to remove the reflector) and this reflector is not shaped the same as ours on the ends!

reflector light.jpg

·
Registered
24 Posts
I was scared to buy one cause of all the bad reviews so I took mine apart and made my own to match the tail lights. The biggest thing people were complaining about was fitment and I guess you could see each led bulb and our oem lights you cant

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks good Bigturboforte!

Did you have to heat up the lens to separate it from the base to put the LED lighting in or did you drill holes?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I cut the back of the light off and then I have a plastic welder and I used that to make it one again. I do all my brake lights like that because you never see any of it like you do headlights. Sorry for the dirty car im in the middle of fabricating a pair tire speaker box

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well I just bought another gt. I couldn't pass it up paid 14k for it. Im thinking about p40 theme and making this one all show and stock go. I need something realistic to drive especially since last weekend it got impounded for 30 days and bail was 3500. But man it was fun and I'd do it all over again lol. The wife ain't happy but I cant please everyone all the time.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I need something realistic to drive especially since last weekend it got impounded for 30 days and bail was 3500. But man it was fun and I'd do it all over again lol. The wife ain't happy but I cant please everyone all the time.
SAY WHAT? Have you been exceeding the speed limit lately...or giving the local Gendarmes the run-around...LOL!?!?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah man. I have to say the new motor and big turbo. long story short its an old runway turn into a road but they haven't even built anything out there but if it dont have 25mph all down it. Well I do about 4 or 5 pulls and I guess the cop was eating his lunch lol anyways 129 in a 25 , racing on highways reckless driving ,exhibition of speed , excessive speed. He was trying to argue and say it aint all stock I said who in there right mind would upgrade a car to this extreme with less then 1700 miles on it. I said look it up kia built this car to eat up them hellcats. Then he says if its all stock why is it so loud. I said o that yeah its a high flow Korean exhaust. Yeah he wasn't happy. As he's taking me to jail he goes im surprised you didn't try to run from me. And since I'm already heading to jail I pop off and say im surprised that your wife wasn't wearing any panties when I saw her tonight. Yeah he didn't like that. I just will stay on post till march when we pcs

1 - 18 of 18 Posts