Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
turn off your eco button go to the dealer have them force the last tsb drive it correct for 200 miles = beast mode

p.s. forte after market people start making body kits "koup" wow do we really need to wait this long

p.s.s. i did not switch it into tiptronic you can try but it worked perfect so

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
turn off your eco button go to the dealer have them force the last tsb drive it correct for 200 miles = beast mode

p.s. forte after market people start making body kits "koup" wow do we really need to wait this long

Hopefully will post again on your first post and give a better explanation on what you are talking about because I am in the dark on this whole post.

·
Registered
973 Posts
lol thank god! I saw it and didn't understand any of it, thought maybe I was just ignorant of something going on with the auto trans

·
Registered
38 Posts

i think this is what TotalScience was trying to get at:

1) Disable "Eco" Mode by pushing and holding the Trip button.
2) Go to the dealership and have them flash the latest TSB which addresses the auto shifting issues.
3) "Break-in" your engine again for 200 miles after receiving the latest TSB.

according to TotalScience, performing these steps should increase responsiveness, power, and fuel economy (without having to drive in tiptronic all the time) and restore the forte to the way it was supposed to be.

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up qwilliam.

Does holding the trip button actually disable ECO mode? I was under the impression that it just turned off the green ECO light that just lets you know when you're driving the most fuel efficient.

·
Registered
34 Posts

2) Go to the dealership and have them flash the latest TSB which addresses the auto shifting issues.

according to TotalScience, performing these steps should increase responsiveness, power, and fuel economy (without having to drive in tiptronic all the time) and restore the forte to the way it was supposed to be.
What's a TSB?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up qwilliam.

Does holding the trip button actually disable ECO mode? I was under the impression that it just turned off the green ECO light that just lets you know when you're driving the most fuel efficient.
Only turns off the light which is why the TSB is needed becuase they think the problem with auto shifting and eco mode is linked or something like that!

What's a TSB?
Technical Service Bulletin aka a problem needing a fix bring your car in if it applys

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I think he's asking what the TSB number is so he can tell the dealership which one to do.

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
It's only automatic transmissions that have ECO mode both on the 2.0L and 2.4L.

A TSB will only be serviced in most cases if it pops up in your dealerships computer under your VIN. We don't need to be telling the dealerships what TSB's to perform, they will contact you and let you know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

what he said... :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts