Kia Forte Forum banner

Trying to decide between the GT and the GT-Line

1722 Views 26 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  Larry48
I've been doing my research over the past few weeks on the new Kia Forte's and have come down to a decision on if I want the GT or the GT-Line. I have been looking at the specs between the two trims and the additions for the GT with the G2 package are very nice, but I keep coming back to the transmission question. I'm trying to figure out my best long term option between the IVT and DCT. From what I have read, and the people I have reached out to, DCT seems to be more durable long term? I would love to hear some more thoughts even non-transmission related questions. Thanks!
21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Short of a V8, V6 torque and some displacement is a beautiful thing.
My base MSRPs were inverted. The base GT is $25,285 whereas the base GT Line is $22,785.

Those considering the GT vs the GT-Line ought to consider:

Base GT $22,785 vs base GT-Line $25,285?
Maxed out A/T GT with the GT-2 Package $27,185?
Maxed out GT-Line with the GT-Line Premium Package and the GT-Line Sport Premium Package $25,485?
Reactions: 2
I've been doing my research over the past few weeks on the new Kia Forte's and have come down to a decision on if I want the GT or the GT-Line. I have been looking at the specs between the two trims and the additions for the GT with the G2 package are very nice, but I keep coming back to the transmission question. I'm trying to figure out my best long term option between the IVT and DCT. From what I have read, and the people I have reached out to, DCT seems to be more durable long term? I would love to hear some more thoughts even non-transmission related questions. Thanks!
I got the '22 GT with the 6 speed manual. I find myself offering to go pick up groceries, run errands and other mundane stuff just so I have a reason to drive it. It is a blast to drive but it is what it is. A budget performance car, it will never be a fast and furious racecar without putting a serious amount of money into it but it does everything I need and adds a certain "oomph" to all of it. My wife has a GT-Line it's a GT that never fully matured. Her trans is good with solid shifts but its just an everyday car, nothing special apart from the looks. It does everything she needs perfectly well but mine is a lot more fun to drive. Do with that what you will and good luck 👍
Those considering the GT vs the GT-Line ought to consider:

Base GT-Line $22,785 vs base GT $25,285?
Maxed out A/T GT with the GT-2 Package $27,185?
Maxed out GT-Line with the GT-Line Premium Package and the GT-Line Sport Premium Package $25,485?

While these are nominally the same car, the 19% price range from $22,785 to $27,185 does reflect a vehicle with different features.
My 2022 GT 6MT was listed at 27K. I was OTD for 24,9 with a monthly of 367 and change and it has SOME of the features of an A/T GT2 like a sunroof, H/K sound system and heated seats. My wife's '21 GT-Line is about 460 a month, and has none of those but I think she financed for a year less. I have officially owned the car for a year and it's sitting at 16K miles but I'm a solar electrian so my job is 80% travel. Coming from a silverado to the GT, I actually enjoy the travel again minus the being away from family.
Reactions: 1
I really like my '23 Gt-line with the technology package. It offers some impressive bang for the buck and the gas mileage is really good. The performance and handling really are pretty decent given the price. I wouldn't confuse it for a sports sedan but it is certainly adequate.
I really like my '23 Gt-line with the technology package. It offers some impressive bang for the buck and the gas mileage is really good. The performance and handling really are pretty decent given the price. I wouldn't confuse it for a sports sedan but it is certainly adequate.
The CVT kills the "sporty" vibe for me. My 2.0L 6 speed is actually a surprisingly sporty combo, and while not fast, is quite fun and adequate while getting great fuel economy. If you want something with more potential though, the GT is the way to go, especially since the 2.0L manual is dead now.
Once the CVT gets rolling the acceleration is actually fairly brisk. The shortcoming is off the line acceleration can be a bit sluggish.
21 - 27 of 27 Posts