Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI...
For additional info go to Kia Global Information System (KGIS)

group model: Chassis 2010MY Forte /Forte Koup (TD)
Technical Service Bulletin
Kia Motors Logo 4/C - Medium
COMBINED TSB / SERVICE ACTION: FORTE (TD) FRONT STRUT
NOISE REPAIR (SA047)
This bulletin provides information relating to some Forte (TD) vehicles built from March 3, 2009 to March 18, 2010 that may exhibit abnormal noise from the front strut(s) while driving over a speed bump or similar road conditions during the winter months. This concern is caused by interference between insulator strut bearing and dust cover bumper rubber. To correct this condition a strut insulator pad will need to be installed on the bottom of the insulator strut bearing assembly contact surface. This procedure will need to be performed on both L/R front struts.
To improve customer satisfaction, Kia is requesting the completion of this Service Action on all affected 2010MY Forte / Forte Koup (TD) vehicles.
For vehicles not on the Affected Vehicles List, but with a customer concern; perform the following procedure outlined in this bulletin and submit a warranty claim per “customer concern” (Standard TSB) claim information on pg 4.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Basically it's a donut of double-sided-sticky-tape where we were using urethane, before. If you've had the urethane, you won't likely need this one done, as well. Takes about 15-25 minutes for the job to be done.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Basically it's a donut of double-sided-sticky-tape where we were using urethane, before. If you've had the urethane, you won't likely need this one done, as well. Takes about 15-25 minutes for the job to be done.
How well is that tape staying stuck? Any returns on the issue yet?

·
Registered
118 Posts
its about time :mad: i took my car in this past winter 2 times they told me its nothing the car is fine i even showed them what is was the 2ed time i went. now im going to show them whats up

·
Registered
288 Posts
Just had this done yesterday during my 1st oil change - was out of the dealer in 45 minutes!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts