Kia Forte Forum banner

TSForte's Koup

6K views 37 replies 12 participants last post by  TSForte 
#1 · (Edited)
EDIT: Update PICS: 4.18.11 LED license plate lights & Ipod cable ran to glove box (post #36)

Update PICS 4.16.11 Tinted Fogs, Side Markers. (post 30)
Installed LED Interior Trunk & Map lights (red) (posts 31&32)

so i thought i'd start a place to put pics/info of my car as i add to it. let me know what you think.

I just got a 2011 Titanium Silver Koup on 1/26 with the Leather Pkg & Technology Pkg.

Had some info/discussion in my new member introduction page, so:
(New Member Intro Page) if you want to look.

Here are some pictures of it just cleaned the other day, and a few inside pictures..

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
talking about the push-start button, paddle shifters & chrome handles as Matemorh asked:

Really nice ride TSForte, welcome aboard!
Please give us some feedback/appreciation on start button and paddle shift!
Is US market to have chrome door handle in 2011 or is it part of a pkg???
Kia just don't get it...... CHROME HANDLES LOOK AWKWARD!!!

The push-start is awesome. i didnt know what to think of it at first (this is my first car with that feature), but i do like the fact i dont have to take my keys out and put them back in my pocket every time i get in/out of the car.

Paddle shifting- its different (again, first time i've had a car with this feature). i have not been able to really test it out well enough yet, mostly city driving so far, not much highway. i feel like for straight(er) driving it works well as you accelerate, but if you are trying to paddle-shift and you are leaving your neighborhood lets say, it is difficult to get your fingers back to the paddle shifters to make the shift before revving higher than you may want. i almost wish i just had the 'manual' shift down on the stick (when you slide it over from D to + _ -) than the paddle shifters. but hey, kia's trying something new.

as far as the chrome handles, i did not WANT them, but the car came with chrome handles via the Technology package being added on. i dont think they look BAD, but i do think it would look better with color-matching handles, or black handles.

#3 · (Edited)
Update: I got two 10'' Kicker Comp woofers put in last night with a ProBox, and i got my tail lights tinted. Tint for the car will be on tomorrow, along with the SX spoiler being put on.

Here are some pics of the tinted tail lights in the daytime, i'll get some pics of them at night later..

pics of the woofers will be put up later as well, Texas is having a little 'snow' storm (ICE) and its cold out there in the wind right now! (-2*) :)

i stayed out there long enough to get these pics tho, they're from the car's first snow/ice..

Attachments

#6 ·
Looks great! :) slap some sexy rims durin the warmer months and you are set! Lol not really, but you know what I mean. Welcome welcome

#8 · (Edited)
Update: Tint & K Emblems

so after DFW's week of colder weather & ice, and before it comes back for a few, i got the tint done (35% front, 5% back) and put my 'K' Emblems on.

let me know what you think.

Attachments

#9 ·
Update: Tinted tails w/ lights off & on, day & night...

here are a few updated pics with my tinted tail lights.

day: lights off, driving lights on, break lights on.

night: lights off, driving lights on, break lights on.

Attachments

#15 ·
Update: Spoiler pics & Debadged

here are the pics of the spoiler on..also debadged the car & relocated the badges inside.. :)

hope you like..

Attachments

#20 ·
I have a 2011 sedan, tech package and love it. Yea hard getting used to not turning a key but also very koo...nvr gotta worry bout someone over cranking... My bad habbit is I forget to charge it. But other than that Im good. theres really no reason to take the keys out....theres a button on da door handle to unlock and lock. I want somthing that will close my sunroof when the car turns off because I leave it open sometimes. Other than that...I paid under 18 for a fully loaded 2011 with Nav and everything....good luck getting all that for the price.

#22 ·
Update: Diode Dynamics HID Lo/Fogs & Switchbacks are in

got to it before work yesterday and put in my Diode Dynamics 6000K HIDs for my Lo beams and Fog lights as well as switchbacks from DD.

some night pics. love the light and didnt have to adjust the headlights too much, but i did turn them down a tad.

Attachments

#30 · (Edited)
Tinted fog lights & Side markers

So i tinted my fog lights after putting the HID kits on, to cut the glare.

i also tinted the turn signal markers on the side mirrors.

i used the Lamin-X brand films. smoked film option.

day & night pics

Attachments

#31 · (Edited)
Trunk pics

tonight i installed DD LED Interior lights for the trunk and map

the trunk was easy, i popped out the little light holder (you can see the clip you have to compress) and i plugged the LED light right in to where the other bulb was. i unplugged the fuse during installs.

the Interior map lights i pulled the clear lens parts (that 'click' as you turn the interior map lights on and off) off and plugged the LED lights right in as the bulbs were then used the 3M sticky tape on the back side of the LEDs to secure them inside the housing.

before, during, and after pics..

Attachments

#34 ·
Thank you. when i removed the koup badge from the outside i left the 3M tape that was stuck on the back attached, cleaned the area i was going to attach the badge, so its not greasy from a shine/protectant (ex. armorall), and just used a small amount of super glue (a dot does a lot! ..haha) and there ya go!

#36 · (Edited)
LED License plate lights & Ipod Cable to Glove box

Hello all. Update again.

I installed my LED license plate lights tonight (couldnt figure out why they weren't working last night, but an email to Paul at DD and i got it workin!) and they look good and bright.

pics of that and,

recently (a week or two ago?) i extended my ipod cable from the center console spot to my glove box since i can control my ipod from the head unit anyway, i didnt want the wires sticking out and this way i can leave my ipod unseen and i dont have to put it away and take it out each time i want to use it in my car...just hit the Aux button!

anyways, its been done before similarly, but heres mine.

i decided to unplug the ipod wires from the center console spot from the back, so that i wouldnt have any wires hanging out at all, and just run the extender cable from that to my glove box from inside the dash. as you see in the pictures, i left the faceplate for the wire connectors there so the car looks clean and as original as possible.

pics of that

Attachments

#37 ·
where did you get the tint for side markers? and did you do the tails with the same stuff? thanks

#38 ·
I used lamin-x brand films to tint the side markers, the smoke tint i believe. I just went to their website and ordered one 12"x6" sheet for my fogs and i had some left over, so i used it on the side mirror turn signals.

Lamin-x 6" x 12" Universal Covers for your Lights

As far as the tail lights, i got those professionally done by a shop. They took them out & baked them for a permanent tint. Idk exactly what they used.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.