Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like these TSW Nurburgring wheels. Which finish do you think would look the best on a White Koup?

Matte Bronze

Matte Gunmetal

Gunmetal w/ Machined Face

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
i also have a white koup and im stuck btw the matte gunmetal and matte bronze.... i painted my stock ex wheels blck on mine and it looks good but its hard to tell the difference between the wheel and tire.......... im totally goin with the bronze. maybe some1 can try to photoshop it for you. we've got some artists on here lol

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
im in the process of looking for a giovana kilis "look-a-like". thats what these are. the tsw are kiiiinda like them but not quite

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i also have a white koup and im stuck btw the matte gunmetal and matte bronze.... i painted my stock ex wheels blck on mine and it looks good but its hard to tell the difference between the wheel and tire.......... im totally goin with the bronze. maybe some1 can try to photoshop it for you. we've got some artists on here lol
Yea, my 2 favorites are the bronze and gunmetal as the machined face seems too shiny. The gunmetal of course is lighter then black but is still pretty dark. Only if they made a titanium finish. I do know that white cars look hot with bronze wheels but the Koup has a lot of dark accents on the front and rear of the car. Hmmmm....

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Aidensgrand or anyone, I have a question. If I wanted to go as flush to the side of the car as possible and as wide a wheel as possible without rubbing which offset would you choose. TSW offers the following sizes:

18 x 7.5 w/ 45 offset
18 x 8.0 w/ 35 offset
18 x 8.5 w/ 45 offset

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was able to get some info regarding wheel specs.
The Koup SX stock wheels are 17 x 7 w/ 48mm offset.

This is the offset calculator I used to determine the below specs:
Wheel Offset Calculator

So, here is how far each TSW wheel size would extend the position of the outside edge of the wheel:

18 x 7.5 w/ 45mm offset = 9mm extended
18 x 8.0 w/ 35mm offset = 26mm extended
18 x 8.5 w/ 45mm offset = 22mm extended

The factory wheels sit pretty far in, especially in the rear. The 18 x 7.5 w/ 45 offset would easily fit. I'm not sure about the 8.0 and 8.5 width ones though, but I think they would. I would like to go with the 18 x 8.5 w/ 45 offset. This would give the car a much more aggressive stance.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Real world pictures. The Machined are brighter/shinier and the Gunmetal are lighter colored than the original pictures. No Bronze unfortunately.

Matte Gunmetal

Gunmetal w/ Machined Face

·
Registered
43 Posts
The wheels on that white Golf look good. I do like a darker coloured wheel on a white car. I will be posting some photos of my car up after taking some shots this weekend with the new wheels I just had put on. They are a 5 spoke machined face wheel but have a black spoke in between and set back behind the silver ones. I am loving them.

OSAKA RACING WHEEL OCTANE

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.