Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all.
I have a 2007 Honda Civic Si Turbo, and I purchased a 2010 Kia Forte Koup SX in Nov 2009. i love the Kia, and I originally purchased it as a DD in substitute for the civic.

I have a history of modifying cars, and I saw the potential for this car and couldn't pass up a deal. I love it!!

Is there a list of performance parts yet? The majority of the things that I've seen are all still in the R&D phase, but are yielding pretty notable results.

Here's the Kia and the Civic. Thanks for lookin!!

Civic

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
sexy wait for turbokits to come out with his turbo and you will be all set

·
Registered
320 Posts
Great looking cars! Welcome to the site. :D

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Love what you did with the car!! I can't wait to see what you do with this one! :D Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,823 Posts
Since SIs come with 11.0:1 compression, what did you do to install a turbo - Lower the compression or are you running only something like 5 psi boost?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Nice SI, what HP are you putting out at the wheels?

I am running a 2004 Saturn ION redline with meth injection on a small pulley supercharger.

Yeah as for aftermarket, there isn't much yet, but since these are new cars give it a year or so, especially when the 2.0L turbo model comes out.

How are you liking the Forte Koup?

Jer

·
Registered
708 Posts

I am running a 2004 Saturn ION redline with meth injection on a small pulley supercharger.

Yeah as for aftermarket, there isn't much yet, but since these are new cars give it a year or so, especially when the 2.0L turbo model comes out.

Jer

oh hai.. fancy seeing you here :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Since SIs come with 11.0:1 compression, what did you do to install a turbo - Lower the compression or are you running only something like 5 psi boost?
currently running 8.2psi at 9k rpms. same compression ratio. i'll be pushing about 12psi when I install the new Apexi AVCR Boost Controller. The AEM TruBoost is decent, but won't hold boost all the way to 9K.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Jer
when the hell is that comin out?!?! I should've waited lol.

I'm puttin down 297 @ 8.2 psi with RC 440cc Injectors. I have Injector Dynamics 1000cc Injectors sittin here at my house, but I'm waiting til it warms up a little more for the install and retune.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've read it a few spots around, I haven't really looked into it since I have a project car, so looking at the Forte, I am going to stay with a NA DD that gets better millage than my saturn.

Damn you are making some good power on low boost, at what RPM are you getting full boost? The good thing with blowers is that I make full 17.5psi of boost at 1500rpm if I wanted too........but the computer isn't tuned for meth under 3k, and it isn't a good idea to shoot meth under 3k's, so I have to watch my foot at lower RPM's.

I installed a TVS upgraded supercharger on a friend/customers cobalt ss, he's pulling 320hp on a tame pulley........he wants to go smaller, but he needs some major engine work todo that.

Jer

1 - 15 of 15 Posts