Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I’m new to the forums. I live in Canada. I got my 2011 kia koup sx used a year ago with 120000 kms on it, the previous owner installed the turbo kit from turbokit.com. I don’t know when he did that but it’s probably the cheapest one on the website, no further updates. Since I got the car I do the maintenance most by myself, make sure the car was properly cared.

The issue is a few months ago, suddenly after one day, the turbo peak was lower than before. 3psi peak shows on the gauge, before was 7psi peak(normal range is around 7-8 psi says on the web). It’s definitely not the gauge problem because the sound that came out blow out valve is match to the data since I hear it everyday. I check any vacuum leaks or other leaks, nothing. I didn’t do anything around that time.

The car is still running perfect, after it I have been driving it gently since I still don’t know what the problem is. Is anyone has similar experience?

I’m here to hear any thoughts and advice, and thankful to every reply.

Sry for some grammar mistakes, first language is not eng 😉

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
457 Posts
How do you measure manifold pressure?
I would first check the pressure using another source.
If power is there and the car runs fine - I'd suspect small leak on the sensor side. Or broken gauge. Get a mechanical one and you will know.
Change from 7 down to 3 psi would affect the power output drastically.

·
Site Sponsor
1,791 Posts
Hi everyone I’m new to the forums. I live in Canada. I got my 2011 kia koup sx used a year ago with 120000 kms on it, the previous owner installed the turbo kit from turbokit.com. I don’t know when he did that but it’s probably the cheapest one on the website, no further updates. Since I got the car I do the maintenance most by myself, make sure the car was properly cared.

The issue is a few months ago, suddenly after one day, the turbo peak was lower than before. 3psi peak shows on the gauge, before was 7psi peak(normal range is around 7-8 psi says on the web). It’s definitely not the gauge problem because the sound that came out blow out valve is match to the data since I hear it everyday. I check any vacuum leaks or other leaks, nothing. I didn’t do anything around that time.

The car is still running perfect, after it I have been driving it gently since I still don’t know what the problem is. Is anyone has similar experience?

I’m here to hear any thoughts and advice, and thankful to every reply.

Sry for some grammar mistakes, first language is not eng 😉

Make sure you do a pressure test and not just a smoke or visual test for leaks. A lot of times on turbo vehicle a leak isn't apparent until there is positive pressure in the charge system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts