Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was at my dealer today talking to the service manager and he told me that the 2011 Sportage has the same 2.4L engine and will be available with a turbo in January. He also said that the turbo would be available as a dealer add on for my Koup around the same time and that adding it would not affect the warranty.

It will put out 274 HP and be about 2000 Canadian$. I'm sure the HP is right but he was probably just guessing at the price. Well lets wait and see. I like the not affecting my warranty part.

·
Registered
645 Posts
The engine will be 2L,it will be the same 2L turbo as the Sonata and Optima,Would be nice to have a turbo kit from Kia.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
only available in canada??? Is that the catch?

·
Registered
316 Posts
The sportage will have a 2.0L Turbo introduced later in the year (around january/february), not the 2.4L turbo. Hate to say it but your service manager doesn't know what he's talking about. If he can't get the engines right when i wouldn't trust anything else he said. No way they would put the turbo on the 2.4. I think the only way kia would put the turbo on anything would be if they introduce a sports coupe like the hyundai genesis (which they've already made a concept of).

There's also no way they'd sell it as an add-on as the engines used in the sonata turbo/sportage turbo have different internals. We use the same Theta II engine but their internals are slightly different to compensate for the extra power. I doubt kia will put out a bolt-on to an engine that can't handle the extra load and warranty it.

Sorry to break the news.......get a turbokits turbo charger

·
Registered
288 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.