Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

has anyone seen this video? seems like the title and description are a little fishy to me..

·
Registered
144 Posts
I can about guarantee it's not. If anything it has an intake on it. Probably just somebody making a funny video.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
exactly what i said..doesnt even sound like theres at least a spectre air filter on it! lol

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Aren't all turbo's supposed to have a WOT box or something?

other than that, i definitely dont think its turboed

·
Registered
144 Posts
Aren't all turbo's supposed to have a WOT box or something?

other than that, i definitely dont think its turboed
You mean a bov?

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
umm, that is completely stock.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
That sounds like a turbo whistler. I hope its no one from the forum...

·
Registered
312 Posts
No, you're thinking about a BOV.... blow off valve, you'll hear a whiney air burst after each shift.
Could also be recirced, so you wouldn't be able to hear much...
The video was made to be funny. You can hear it in his voice that there is a bit of sarcasm and a bit unenthusiastic.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
No, you're thinking about a BOV.... blow off valve, you'll hear a whiney air burst after each shift.

Nope, Not BOV, i know enough a bit turbos not to confuse them.

I meant when he was revving, isn't there supposed to be a WOT BOX TO ACT AS a rev limiter? you know how turboed civics floor it and you just here it "disconnecting" kinda?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Nope, Not BOV, i know enough a bit turbos not to confuse them.

I meant when he was revving, isn't there supposed to be a WOT BOX TO ACT AS a rev limiter? you know how turboed civics floor it and you just here it "disconnecting" kinda?
Like a rev limiter? These cars, even if boosted, wouldn't make good power up top to even consider bouncing off the rev limitor.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts