Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been talking to the guys at Turbo Kits and they were tellin me that i would have to rig up a bracket to hold the CAI down since i have a different style battery tray with out the hole to use But since i work at Dale Jarrett Kia i have access to CHEAP parts i was thinking about buying the other battery tray it looks like it bolts down the same places the only different ive seen is the hole that you bolt the CAI to on it

Has anyone else had to do that and if you have please send pics so i can see what ive got to do

Thanks

·
Registered
284 Posts
first i've heard of this, is this something new on the 5doors? as far as i know 2010 sedan and koups battery mount are the same.

·
Site Sponsor
1,809 Posts
It's on some of the 2011s, all 2010s are confirmed and fit fine. It really does fit on the 2011s, we have quite a few out there, KIA just changed the battery tray so our bracket doesn't connect to it. You could use a zip tie if you wanted. It's hasn't stopped any installs, but we are making sure people are aware :)

Thanks

first i've heard of this, is this something new on the 5doors? as far as i know 2010 sedan and koups battery mount are the same.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I didn't bother bolting mine down and it's fine doesn't move around at all.
Due to the engine mounts, our engine shifts around quite a bit under torque. If you are not installing it to the battery tray, I suggest checking out your CAI tubing after using it for a bit to see if it is rubbing against the steel bumper frame. Excessive rubbing will wear through the tubing and create an unfiltered hole. It may or may not be rubbing depending on how you had installed it. The prototype that came without a mounting tab was rubbing a lot on mine so I put a chunk of rubber on the tube to provide a wear buffer and it was fine afterwards, just had to change that rubber piece once in awhile.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Due to the engine mounts, our engine shifts around quite a bit under torque. If you are not installing it to the battery tray, I suggest checking out your CAI tubing after using it for a bit to see if it is rubbing against the steel bumper frame. Excessive rubbing will wear through the tubing and create an unfiltered hole. It may or may not be rubbing depending on how you had installed it. The prototype that came without a mounting tab was rubbing a lot on mine so I put a chunk of rubber on the tube to provide a wear buffer and it was fine afterwards, just had to change that rubber peice once in awhile.
I'll take a look next time I open the hood, I may just do as turbokits suggested and zip tie it if it is rubbing.

(Edit)
Didn't notice anything but I'll take a more in-depth look when I change my oil.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do the hoses that lay on the CAI ever rub and need to be replaced?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Not only would I tie wrap it in place but where it might be comming in contact with something else, I would wrap that part with heat resistant tape, it would protect somewhat from rubbing damage and would also keep any factory part on the car away from heat!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Schmidty hey where did you get that tape you used on your hose at?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts