Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to get a feel for just how many people actually have a turbo, and where they live (particularly in Canada).

Please also mention which engine and transmission you have.

Thanks

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol, nothing for 3 weeks and then suddenly this thread takes off.

The reason I ask is because I just finished installing my turbo on Thursday :D

I'm in Kelowna BC and have a 6 speed SX.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Turbo Check in

2010 2.4 SX 5 Speed Auto.

....(yes they can be turboed, just use caution)

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Any of you still use it as a DD, even with the turbo? I want to go turbo this summer and would like to keep it my DD, just wanted to see how all of your cars are holding up under constant use.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Yes sir, this is my daily driver. To and from work every day 60mile round trip on the highway, then add the city driving. It seems to handle just fine in stop and go traffic every day.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Yes sir, this is my daily driver. To and from work every day 60mile round trip on the highway, then add the city driving. It seems to handle just fine in stop and go traffic every day.
Thank you, I have a 40 mile round trip... If I get the bonus that I think I'm getting, I will most certainly have a turbo!!!

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
769 Posts
Not bad, I think TK's test car is a daily driver as well.. i think it was like a 60-80 mile round trip or something like that. I remember asking but I had to clean out my PM box so I lost that message..

I wonder how well TK's doing with the upgraded internals... Im extremely curious to see how far they can push that car..

Also, I heard rumors that TK accidentally blasted the car with like 12psi on the first dyno (with stock internals) and it took it all in stride and held up fine. Just a rumor i heard though, maybe TK can fill us in on this

·
Registered
544 Posts
Not bad, I think TK's test car is a daily driver as well.. i think it was like a 60-80 mile round trip or something like that. I remember asking but I had to clean out my PM box so I lost that message..

I wonder how well TK's doing with the upgraded internals... Im extremely curious to see how far they can push that car..

Also, I heard rumors that TK accidentally blasted the car with like 12psi on the first dyno (with stock internals) and it took it all in stride and held up fine. Just a rumor i heard though, maybe TK can fill us in on this
Damn 12PSI on stock internals, now that would be nice! But i do hope TK can put out a few upgraded internals for us to buy in the future

1 - 13 of 13 Posts