Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guess who just found out he is going to be receiving an Evo XI turbo.... well this guy did. Lol now I have some amazing plans to make some huge power.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Awsome! Are they really making a new gen of EVO's already? Big turbo's with small boost make some good safe power, and your Forte will thank-you for that.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I'm confused, are you trading something for an EVO XI turbo or your trading your Forte for an EVO XI?

·
Registered
973 Posts
just get the turbokits.com kit and replace the turbo (and whatever else doesn't mount to the new turbo (manifold)) if they're like x turbos, theyre twin scroll, and amazing

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i am trading an old car for the turbo and turbo kits is way overpriced im not going to get any of their stuff. just a waste of money for me

·
Registered
312 Posts
Good trade IMO.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Keep us updated on this shiznit!!

·
Registered
973 Posts
have fun fabbing a manifold and piping, not to mention all the lines that are going to be too long, and things that don't fit right, and engine management, and injectors, and probably a metal gasket.
Ran into this several times with cheaping oout on something like buying a fitted intercooler kit, you get what you pay for. you get some universal shit and it ends up looking retarded and not working as well as it would have if you would have paid for quality. Good luck though, and I'm interested to see how it turns out. but how did you get a turbo from a car that doesn't exist yet? yu might want to check on the turbos source a little more. You can buy good a t3/t4 on ebay for cheap as hell.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
huh what are you talking about the evo 9 does exist and im not gonna cheap out im going to save and do it right. and i will probably finish late fall early winter too but i might have to wait because i will be going on a boat (im in the navy) in feb of next year so we shall see. i want to build the engine first before i throw some rediculous power at it; granted our engine is stron i want bulletproof.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
^^^Check your OP you list the turbo as an XI not IX....that is why he was confused about the generation of the car.

·
Registered
973 Posts
was wondering lol. Since you're limited on time you might still want to consider the turbokits kit, its really not that expensive considering you get the ems with it. The manifold will be the hardest to find though, by far. everything else can be sort of universal, and you could just megasquirt it. I looked into it a while back but it was gonna turn out almost as expensive as the kit, and not made for the car so possible fitment issues. good luck though, and let us know how things go as you work on it!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
oh i shall and i might go that rout but as of now i have some big dreams of speed i did 125 again and i need at least 150. i am a speed freak

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.