Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The AT dipstick is completely in the way and I have no idea how to bend it, I've tried everything but it will not budge. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Call turbokits or send him a PM, they are always online and should not take long to get back to you.

·
Registered
407 Posts
They aren't online right now and their shop is closed, hours are 10-6, ughh.

Just try and be a little patient, you dont want to mess anything up :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Giving up for now, got places to be so I just re-installed the stock. I'm pretty convinced right now the pipe will not fit.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Turbokits would not have shipped it if it wouldn't fit, just be patient and send them a message.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Check the official turokits thread. I think big red had the same problem and the fix is mentioned right in the last couple of posts. Not sure if you already looked there. And like above.. Be patient. You'll get it.

Edit.... Here is the info
The only difference between the AUTO & MAN Tranny is the AUTO Dipstick is right where the intake pipe needs to go. It's quick and easy, remove the dip stick, take a deep socket and bend it towards the firewall a few inches and you're clear.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Check the official turokits thread. I think big red had the same problem and the fix is mentioned right in the last couple of posts. Not sure if you already looked there. And like above.. Be patient. You'll get it.

Edit.... Here is the info
The only difference between the AUTO & MAN Tranny is the AUTO Dipstick is right where the intake pipe needs to go. It's quick and easy, remove the dip stick, take a deep socket and bend it towards the firewall a few inches and you're clear.
It is also mentioned in the install instructions. If you haven't installed a CAI or SRI before then definately read the instructions.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I need to stick something inside and then bend it? I tried to bend it this morning but I was really afraid to break something,

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
So I need to stick something inside and then bend it? I tried to bend it this morning but I was really afraid to break something,
A deep socket would fit around the outside of the dipstick tube so that you bend the whole tubing without bending it out of shape so the dipstick can still fit into the tubing afterwards.

·
Registered
56 Posts
YES that is absolutely correct it bends trust me i had the same eerie feeling like omg im going to break the dipstick and all but simply take the dipstick out and just like mfury said bend it about an inch or 2 away from you ok. That should do the trick. You're not hurting it one bit. but one thing i did wromng was i forgot to run the top hose under the piping. So right now that hot assss hose is resting on my pipe but remember tk should of emailed you some of that thick silver tape. that tape actually keeps the type a slight bit cooler then not having it at all. Just be patient man. Oh yeah one thing once you install it take it easy lol that intake sounds monstrous i was like wtf. I could not stop driving around the block at full throttle. Drive safe and enjoy!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Okay, went and tried it again tonight, everything went well and it is in and running great. Thanks for the help everyone, I was a little frustrated this morning so sorry about the semi-angry post lol. Oh and the sound is mean as anything, I love it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Does anyone know if the the cai will void the warranty on the car?
From what others have said, and if you search some of the other threads on here people say it will only void your warranty if the CAI itself can be linked to the problem, which I suppose makes sense. This is a product that has me still wondering if the tiny bit of extra HP you may gain outweighs the warranty should a problem occur.

·
Registered
185 Posts
This is the same situation I find myself in because I really want the CAI.
From what others have said, and if you search some of the other threads on here people say it will only void your warranty if the CAI itself can be linked to the problem, which I suppose makes sense. This is a product that has me still wondering if the tiny bit of extra HP you may gain outweighs the warranty should a problem occur.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Does anyone know if the the cai will void the warranty on the car?
Call a couple of the Kia dealers in your area and ask them if a professionally designed CAI will void the warranty. Then bring the car into the ones that said no for future work. It totally depends on the dealership. Many say no problem but some say that it will.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Call a couple of the Kia dealers in your area and ask them if a professionally designed CAI will void the warranty. Then bring the car into the ones that said no for future work. It totally depends on the dealership. Many say no problem but some say that it will.
Yeah, my service guy actually said that CAIs are better for the engine. :p And he'll be fine with everything as long as I keep the stockies. "in case something happens". Though, him and I have struck up a friendship.... which is always good b/c he's the one that determines what's under warranty and what's not.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I didn't want to start a whole new thread to ask this question so I thought here would be a good place.

I know some questions about the proper cooling of the ECU (Electronic Control Unit?) have arisen when installing a CAI. Has the bracket for the CAI TurboKits developed provided an adequate cooling solution for the ECU or is something that still has to be dealt with?

I was also going through some other CAI threads and came across this nasty picture here... http://www.forteforums.com/forums/performance-modifications/1364-my-cai-mod-4.html#post23196
Is this something that we should be worrying about if we install a CAI? Is anyone else installing this "catch can" thingy. I'm pretty dumb when it comes to all this performance stuff so if this comes across as a stupid question please don't flame me :eek:

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
I didn't want to start a whole new thread to ask this question so I thought here would be a good place.

I know some questions about the proper cooling of the ECU (Electronic Control Unit?) have arisen when installing a CAI. Has the bracket for the CAI TurboKits developed provided an adequate cooling solution for the ECU or is something that still has to be dealt with?

Cheers!
I drove more than 1 hour in trafic yesterday, more stop than go.
Outside temp on the climate control was showing 38ºC.
Air cond was obvoiusly on.

I did NOT burn my ECU!!

When you remove the stock air box there will be lot off room for air to circulate around the ECU heat sink!

·
Registered
1,796 Posts

I was also going through some other CAI threads and came across this nasty picture here... http://www.forteforums.com/forums/performance-modifications/1364-my-cai-mod-4.html#post23196
Is this something that we should be worrying about if we install a CAI? Is anyone else installing this "catch can" thingy. I'm pretty dumb when it comes to all this performance stuff so if this comes across as a stupid question please don't flame me :eek:

Cheers!
So far I have no oil residue on my CAI and that's from using it for 3 months. I will let you know in a year or so when you start getting more blowback from wearing rings and such to see if any residue starts showing up. I use synthetic oil so this may also lessen the oil residue from fumes.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts