Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just installed mt Turbokits CAI on my SX Auto Sedan.

It took some doing and I ended up removing the head light and bumper so I could see where I was trying to fit it.
The coolant lines for the A/T and the fog lights on the SX make it virtually impossible to install it with the filter attached. I ended up putting the filter on from below after it was installed.

You will also need to bend the A/T dipstick to clear the tube.

See the pictures below as well as a short video of the sound difference.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Very nice man! I have one too and love the sound! I'm liking the hydraulic hood lifts!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Man that sounds sweet !

Good job Big E!

Hope all is well with you and keep away from those damm fires.

·
Site Sponsor
1,809 Posts
Hey BigE,

Great job, looks and sounds awesome... Did you get our e-mail with the instructions. I just want to make sure you received it. As it broke down the install step by step. Including everything you mentioned in your post.

Also, if you would be so kind as to Title the video and our products as the TurboKits.com CAI. So that way people can see where to get it and where it is from if they see your video :)

Thanks

I just installed mt Turbokits CAI on my SX Auto Sedan.

It took some doing and I ended up removing the head light and bumper so I could see where I was trying to fit it.
The coolant lines for the A/T and the fog lights on the SX make it virtually impossible to install it with the filter attached. I ended up putting the filter on from below after it was installed.

You will also need to bend the A/T dipstick to clear the tube.

See the pictures below as well as a short video of the sound difference.

YouTube - ‪intake.wmv‬‎

·
Registered
139 Posts
Is this with the stock exhaust?

·
Registered
526 Posts
That sounds great BigE! Go fill up your gas tank today cause you'll find that you will be wanting to drive around just to hear that sound!

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
That sounds great BigE! Go fill up your gas tank today cause you'll find that you will be wanting to drive around just to hear that sound!
+1
This mod should be better on gas....... but it doesn't because......:rolleyes:
Find a short tunel or underpass, open your windows, put it in second gear then slam the gas!:eek:
GOD! I love this CAI!:D

·
Registered
288 Posts
Yeah, hazmat is doing the same thing as you too, cutting it for flooding and then keeping it CAI when it isn't flood season!
Cutting it for flooding? how big of a risk is sucking up water with this thing? i mean, should i be worried about puddles?

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Hey BigE,

Great job, looks and sounds awesome... Did you get our e-mail with the instructions. I just want to make sure you received it. As it broke down the install step by step. Including everything you mentioned in your post.

Also, if you would be so kind as to Title the video and our products as the TurboKits.com CAI. So that way people can see where to get it and where it is from if they see your video :)

Thanks
Thanks, I just retitled the video TurboKits.com CAI so people can find it easier.

I never did get the instructions, I just figured it out myself.
CORRECTION _ I did get the instructions, I just didn't see the attachment in the email. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Yea fas93, get one!!!!! Sounds absolutely amazing and you get so many looks from ppl as you zoom right passed them haha the best part about it is that you don't HAVE to hear it! It's not like an exhaust where u always hear it. You can basically choose by your driving style and when u push it, it's an awesome sound...turbo kits is rly a great company too so don't worry about service or anything, they're great! With my Audi style headlights, debadging, and CAI, people r so confused on what my car is haha its sick!

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Well, that's it. I'm getting one! I keep playing this vid over and overrr. I just need to find the flipping money for it. LOL...

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, that's it. I'm getting one! I keep playing this vid over and overrr. I just need to find the flipping money for it. LOL...

Didn't you get any money for your birthday? JK lol!

·
Site Sponsor
1,809 Posts
Hazmat's circumstance is unique, his area regularly floods and he has to drive through deep puddles. For normal driving, in the rain and shallow puddles, there should not be any issues. The filter is tucked nicely into the fender protection. Just don't drive into a puddle deeper than the driver side front bumper where the filter sits.

Cutting it for flooding? how big of a risk is sucking up water with this thing? i mean, should i be worried about puddles?

Great!, Thanks you! Glad you are loving it!

Thanks, I just retitled the video TurboKits.com CAI so people can find it easier.

I never did get the instructions, I just figured it out myself.
CORRECTION _ I did get the instructions, I just didn't see the attachment in the email. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts