Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I should have posted the link to my install of the TurboKits CAI in this Thread. So here it is.

I will make a video when I install my spoiler shortly.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
glad you enjoyed your cai sounds lovely

·
Registered
306 Posts
It's niiice I'm gonna order one as soon as I get some more $$. One question though the intake seems to be pointed downwards, if it rains water won't get in it will it?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The only way for water to get into it would be to submerge your front end enough to cover the fog lamps.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No it is inside the wheel well behind the fog lamps which is well covered from splashes.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I will take it off for service, takes about 5 minutes if you have done it once. Beats having to bicker with the service managers.

There is no reason this would void anything since there isn't even an air sensor involved. Just more air and better filter.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I asked my service manager here at the dealership i work at (ron bouchards kia) and he told me it voids warranty. Does that stop me from getting an intake and when going into service removing it..... absolutely NOT! :)

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
3 inch tubing is used on TurboKits and the stock air intake on the engine is 2.5inch approx. (probably metric). You can use a measuring tape to see how far you want to run your tube. K&N air filter is just a narrow filter (to fit down into front area which has a tight opening) with a 3 inch diameter opening to fit onto the tube if you go 3 inch. Injen looks like they used a 2.5 inch tube.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm having trouble getting my pipe to fit in correctly. Any tricks to getting it snug? I see a big hose down near the fog lamps with a smaller hose. Does it split between them?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts