Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yep Turbokits.com is one of the best companys ive bought from , had a muffler issue they are working with me on BUT decided to try a diffrent muffler just for fun... put a flowmaster in place of the Turbokits.com muffler AND.....I LOVE THE SOUND its deeper, louder... i cant wait for the turbo the wife might not like it but ohwell lol... ill try to get a vid of thge exhaust soon

· Registered
161 Posts
Damn dude how are you gonna get me all excited and leave me hangin' without a vid??? I was thinking about doing that exact set-up except maybe the magnaflow muffler. Would love to see a video as soon as you can get one.

· Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the housing is rattling agianst the baffles.... nothing major

· Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yep thats teh exact sound its around 2-3thousand RPM under acceleration and on every "pop" under de-acceleration...TK was going ot replace the muffler but it got to unberable to drive so i just did it.... i dont want to deture anyone from TK they are great i just wanted a louder deeper sound

· Registered
526 Posts
yep thats teh exact sound its around 2-3thousand RPM under acceleration and on every "pop" under de-acceleration...TK was going ot replace the muffler but it got to unberable to drive so i just did it.... i dont want to deture anyone from TK they are great i just wanted a louder deeper sound
Yeah TK is a great place to deal with. Mine is not unbearable but it does have that tin sound. I think I may call TK tomorrow. Thanks.

· Site Sponsor
1,817 Posts
Hey Jeff,

I have had a few guys contact us with a vibration / rattle sound in the muffler. This was not present on our prototype or our first article tester. We think a few of the mufflers were damaged during shipping or production. If you are having this trouble (or anyone that bought our exhaust, just send us an e-mail and we'll get the muffler back for inspection and repair / replace it at no charge :)

Thanks

*** Your stock muffler will bolt right back in place while you send it back and get the new one out ***

Yeah TK is a great place to deal with. Mine is not unbearable but it does have that tin sound. I think I may call TK tomorrow. Thanks.

· Registered
526 Posts
Hey Jeff,

I have had a few guys contact us with a vibration / rattle sound in the muffler. This was not present on our prototype or our first article tester. We think a few of the mufflers were damaged during shipping or production. If you are having this trouble (or anyone that bought our exhaust, just send us an e-mail and we'll get the muffler back for inspection and repair / replace it at no charge :)

Thanks

*** Your stock muffler will bolt right back in place while you send it back and get the new one out ***
Thanks, I really appreciate that. I will call you Friday A.M.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.