Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yep Turbokits.com is one of the best companys ive bought from , had a muffler issue they are working with me on BUT decided to try a diffrent muffler just for fun... put a flowmaster in place of the Turbokits.com muffler AND.....I LOVE THE SOUND its deeper, louder... i cant wait for the turbo the wife might not like it but ohwell lol... ill try to get a vid of thge exhaust soon

·
Registered
161 Posts
Damn dude how are you gonna get me all excited and leave me hangin' without a vid??? I was thinking about doing that exact set-up except maybe the magnaflow muffler. Would love to see a video as soon as you can get one.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the housing is rattling agianst the baffles.... nothing major

·
Registered
526 Posts
the housing is rattling agianst the baffles.... nothing major
I have a slight tin vibration sound sometimes upon acceleration ...is that the rattle you are talking about? Did TK put the Flowmaster on their catback for you or did you have it done yourself? Bet it does sound good! Post that video when you can.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yep thats teh exact sound its around 2-3thousand RPM under acceleration and on every "pop" under de-acceleration...TK was going ot replace the muffler but it got to unberable to drive so i just did it.... i dont want to deture anyone from TK they are great i just wanted a louder deeper sound

·
Registered
526 Posts
yep thats teh exact sound its around 2-3thousand RPM under acceleration and on every "pop" under de-acceleration...TK was going ot replace the muffler but it got to unberable to drive so i just did it.... i dont want to deture anyone from TK they are great i just wanted a louder deeper sound
Yeah TK is a great place to deal with. Mine is not unbearable but it does have that tin sound. I think I may call TK tomorrow. Thanks.

·
Site Sponsor
1,809 Posts
Hey Jeff,

I have had a few guys contact us with a vibration / rattle sound in the muffler. This was not present on our prototype or our first article tester. We think a few of the mufflers were damaged during shipping or production. If you are having this trouble (or anyone that bought our exhaust, just send us an e-mail and we'll get the muffler back for inspection and repair / replace it at no charge :)

Thanks

*** Your stock muffler will bolt right back in place while you send it back and get the new one out ***

Yeah TK is a great place to deal with. Mine is not unbearable but it does have that tin sound. I think I may call TK tomorrow. Thanks.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Hey Jeff,

I have had a few guys contact us with a vibration / rattle sound in the muffler. This was not present on our prototype or our first article tester. We think a few of the mufflers were damaged during shipping or production. If you are having this trouble (or anyone that bought our exhaust, just send us an e-mail and we'll get the muffler back for inspection and repair / replace it at no charge :)

Thanks

*** Your stock muffler will bolt right back in place while you send it back and get the new one out ***
Thanks, I really appreciate that. I will call you Friday A.M.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.